Postby maloney414 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:26 am

Show em if you got em!

Here's mine. :thumbsup2:

spideyisking
Cameo
Cameo

Re: X-Men #1 club!

Postby spideyisking » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Well the X-Men #1 CGC 9.4 on ComicConnect sold for a record price this evening. It went for $153 134.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=754537

I guess with Walt Disney now owning the movie rights to X-Men this book seems to have taken off in value.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Though I used to own a few Silver Age X-Men, and while I still own a few Copper Age and many from 212-300, I just can't see myself finding interest in Mutant books again. For some reason I'm just tired of them. I recently purchased #266, so there really aren't any more "key" books I desire, and I have no interest in building a run. I'll hold onto them of course, because you never know what 1st app will become the next big thing (of the week :lol: ).

For me, Disney does nothing to sweeten the deal. I have a feeling Deadpool I & II will be the only back to back Mutant films with anything resembling consistency of storyline.

With all that said, congrats to the seller and buyer if they're both happy.

And :welcome:

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 am

They can't have consistency with storyline with Deadpool because they cannot afford to get the real characters from Sony or Disney or whoever it is that owns the rights. Check out the Deadpool 2 trailer. It's worse than bad, it's fucking horrendous. I just KNEW Liefeld would totally fuck it up.

Deadpool is going to be a gong show with unwitty one liners to hold it together. May as well get Jackie Chan in there for comic relief

As for Xmen, I've managed to get 200-350 in the bag, currently working on 100-200. The few key issues I really want are Juggernaut first app and Xmen #1
The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:07 am

The one I wish I kept was #11 because I later started focusing on Marvel's Cosmic characters.

I try to avoid trailers. I didn't realize Liefeld had that much influence in the films, but then I don't really notice that stuff.

spideyisking
Cameo
Cameo

Postby spideyisking » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:19 pm

The book has been a sleeper for a while nice to see it getting more attention in the last year or so.

Return to “Silver Age Comic Books”