Question #9 Why not Divulge Information

Discuss Halo or any other third party comic book grading company here.
timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Question #9 Why not Divulge Information

Postby timern » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Question #9

All of the other reputable third party grading companies identify their staff from primary graders to final graders, restoration experts etc. They include individuals history in the hobby, experience and previous employers if applicable. This information lends credibility to third party grading companies as well as providing comfort and satisfaction to the hobbyists (customers). Why then does Vault refuse to divulge the identities of their staff and their past experience or connection to the hobby if Vault expects to be considered a viable alternative to the other grading companies?

The opinion in the industry and hobby at this point in time is that Vault is not viewed as a competitive or respected alternative third party grading company.

All the comments that we receive complain about Vault’s lack of transparency when compared to company’s such as CBCS or CGC. With this lack of information how do you see yourselves (Vault) as a competitive alternative? Or does Vault not have intentions of being a “force to be reckoned with” in the comic book grading industry?

Vault Official Response: Received 08.16.14

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the note. We are not sure what you are basing the assertion on, other than message boards, that Vault is not viewed as competitive or respected. We are highly respected and valued by our current customer base. We have a very large private client base that continues to grow. For a sample of our recently graded comics you can visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vaultgrading

Tiffany

- Tim
:horse: Image

timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: Question #9 Why not Divulge Information

Postby timern » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 am

Updated question #9 08.15.14
- Tim

timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby timern » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:07 am

Official response received 08.16.14
- Tim

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:07 am

Thread unlocked... this forum will have alot of heavily debated topics and discussions. This is a given especially when some of these grading companies have questionable pasts... you have a position you stand by fine... we should be able respect that but we do not need to be trading insults... I shouldn't have to feel like I need to baby sit every single thread. Ask yourself... is this a word I would use on my mom or father or even my kids? If the answer is no then maybe you should reword your post or step away from the key board and read a comic book...
- Jason

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Prophet_DNA wrote:Thread unlocked... this forum will have alot of heavily debated topics and discussions. This is a given especially when some of these grading companies have questionable pasts... you have a position you stand by fine... we should be able respect that but we do not need to be trading insults... I shouldn't have to feel like I need to baby sit every single thread. Ask yourself... is this a word I would use on my mom or father or even my kids? If the answer is no then maybe you should reword your post or step away from the key board and read a comic book...

Serioously? The stuff you deleted wouldn't even get you a strike on the CGC board. That was nothing :roll:

I call my son a company whore all the time! :winnah:

Advice for Avengers55 - if you take vacations, stay away from New York City. If you think the few non-swear words I aimed at you were sooooo offensive, you'd wouldn't last 5 minutes in NYC :thumbsup2:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Last I looked this wasn't a CGC board... lets get back on topic...
- Jason

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Prophet_DNA wrote:Last I looked this wasn't a CGC board...

Are you saying you guys are going to be stricter than the CGC board? :popcorn:

I thought this board was created because that board was so stifling? Well, like I said, what you deleted was very tame, I even thought Avengers55's butthurt response was fine (no thin skin on me), I wish you had left it up. You have to expect some minor skirmishes like that, especially when you have a shill (original definition) like Avengers55.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:Last I looked this wasn't a CGC board...

Are you saying you guys are going to be stricter than the CGC board? :popcorn:

I wasn't aware that CGC mods allowed users to insult each other... and if this is allowed then I guess we will become stricter then the CGC staff...

Stu_Pidman wrote:I thought this board was created because that board was so stifling?

This board was not created so we can insult each other at a whim... it was created so we can talk about other grading companies without fear of getting in trouble...

Stu_Pidman wrote:Well, like I said, what you deleted was very tame, I even thought Avengers55's butthurt response was fine (no thin skin on me), I wish you had left it up. You have to expect some minor skirmishes like that, especially when you have a shill (original definition) like Avengers55.

Just because you have thick skin still does not make what avengers55 had said to you right either... it is across the board with everyone... I have to be fair and will not allow you to be insulted because you have thick skin...

Again lets get back to topic or I am going to have to make all this poof too... if you would like to further discuss this you can open a thread in community issues or you can send me a pm. My door is always open and I have thick skin as well...
- Jason

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:17 pm

:thumbsup2:

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:41 pm

Best I can garner from this thread is that Vault continues to perceive themselves as a legitimate third party grading service within their own minds and perhaps the limited number of "collectors" who know nothing about comics and would be dumb enough to pay someone to devalue their collection. Good luck with that Gianni. :lol4:

Return to “Other Grading Companies”