Tick collection and rare Den Beauvais commission piece

Here you will find comic books and comics related items for sale or trade. You can also post your Want To Buys (WTB) here as well.
Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Tick collection and rare Den Beauvais commission piece

Postby Plasmite » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:12 pm

I don't want to have to do this, but times are especially hard. I am looking at selling my Tick collection and my commissioned Den Beauvais Alien piece from 2014.

I don't want to deal with ebay, is there another site I could place to auction these items off at that won't kill me with fees?

Here is the Tick collection https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=84383 also included with the slabs are all the raws I have which are in the FN to NM range and issues which includes the entire first run, along with several of the after Edlund stories.

Here is the commission piece

The Alien is about 32"by37" hardboard, airbrushed.

I'd like some input from you guys as to where I should price these out. I have no idea where I could possibly sell the commissioned piece at, or the fact that my asking price of 8K is reasonable. I'm looking for 5K for just the slabs of The Tick, since that is what I paid. I have two raw issues of the rare #2 error, along with all the issue 12 variants. So probably looking for another 1k for all the raws I have.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any input :)

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tick collection and rare Den Beauvais commission piece

Postby MR-SigS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Damn, that commission is cool as hell!
I have zero selling experience outside the CGC forum. And I wish wish wish I could take that art.
=======================================================================
"... trying to explain, in ANY length beyond your average tweet, is likely going to go to into one eye and out the other." -DocBrown

Jeffro
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Jeffro » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:36 am

Have you considered creating your own page at comic art fans and taking offers there? I really can't offer any pricing advice, unfortunately :(
http://www.comicartfans.com/

Beauvais is amazing. I've loved his work since seeing it on covers of Dragon magazine back in the 80s. What a talent!
For shame doc. Huntin' rabbits with an elephant gun.
Ewephant gun?
That's right doc. So why don't you go shoot yourself an elephant?

Awfully unsporting of me, I know, but what the hey, I gotta have some fun. - Daffy Duck, Rabbit Seasoning (1952)

Approve not of him who commends all you say - Benjamin Franklin

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Thanks for the link, Jeffro. Will check it out
The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

Return to “For Sale. Want to Buys, or Trades”