It's Your Friendly Neighborhood Singaporean!

New member? Stop in and say "Hello!" to everyone.
Orius
Cameo
Cameo

It's Your Friendly Neighborhood Singaporean!

Postby Orius » Sun May 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Sup guys. Name's Orius. I'm a 28 year old Chinese from Singapore, and also a big Spider-Man fan. I grew up on the '90s animated series, and have been reading his books ever since.

Several years ago, some time after One More Day/Brand New Day happened, I dropped the book (yep, pro-marriage), and I've recently been trying to catch up with his comics again, now up to the "Superior SpOck" arc.

I've written many reviews for Spider-Man over the past few weeks. Currently, I'm working on a lengthy review for ASM #689-700, and will probably be busy at it over the next week or two.

Other things about me
My other interests include movies, anime, and the occasional video games. My favorite movie is Toy Story 2, my favorite anime is Madoka Magica, and my favorite video game is the Mass Effect trilogy. Favorite food is French Fries. Favorite superhero movie is Spider-Man 2 (naturally).

That's all there is to say about me for now. It's nice to meet you, and hope we can be friends. :flowery:

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's Your Friendly Neighborhood Singaporean!

Postby MR-SigS » Mon May 21, 2018 4:43 am

Very happy to 'meet' you! I'm also a Spidey can, but I stopped reading his titles (and pretty much all titles) around issue 375. When I returned to the hobby 10 years ago, I really didn't care for the product Marvel was putting out, and decided to stick with the comics and eras that I liked.

Hope you like it here.
=======================================================================
"... trying to explain, in ANY length beyond your average tweet, is likely going to go to into one eye and out the other." -DocBrown

Orius
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Orius » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 am

MR-SigS wrote:Very happy to 'meet' you! I'm also a Spidey can, but I stopped reading his titles (and pretty much all titles) around issue 375. When I returned to the hobby 10 years ago, I really didn't care for the product Marvel was putting out, and decided to stick with the comics and eras that I liked.

Shame. You missed JMD's run. He's one of the best Spider-writers there was. I would've dropped the book after that if I would drop it at all. lol I mean, I admit that the books have never really been the same starting from the '90s, but JMD did some really good stuff back then. He's my favorite Spider-Man writer.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon May 21, 2018 11:58 am

Orius wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:Very happy to 'meet' you! I'm also a Spidey can, but I stopped reading his titles (and pretty much all titles) around issue 375. When I returned to the hobby 10 years ago, I really didn't care for the product Marvel was putting out, and decided to stick with the comics and eras that I liked.

Shame. You missed JMD's run. He's one of the best Spider-writers there was. I would've dropped the book after that if I would drop it at all. lol I mean, I admit that the books have never really been the same starting from the '90s, but JMD did some really good stuff back then. He's my favorite Spider-Man writer.

Hello!
First is JMD J. M. DeMatteis? My wife loved Moonshadow and Farewell Moonshadow. But isn't JDM responsible for killing off Aunt May and kicking off the clone saga? :mrgreen:
I'm like Mr. Sigs, I've got all the old Spideys but gave up on modern ASM a while after he did. In fact, I cancelled my subscription right after this issue:

Latah,

Stu
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Orius
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Orius » Mon May 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:But isn't JDM responsible for killing off Aunt May and kicking off the clone saga? :mrgreen:

Well, nobody's perfect. :P At least he didn't write the Clone Saga. Probably could've told a better story too if he did anyway. And let's not forget, this was the guy who wrote Kraven's Last Hunt, my favorite Spider-Man story of all time.

And to be fair, I think killing Aunt May was a good move. Marvel getting cold feet, on the other hand, wasn't. They're always worried about their golden cow being slaughtered too early, which was the real reason the Clone Saga happened, and also the real reason One More Day happened. I might have problems with JMS' run (still way better than Slott's run IMO), but OMD's not on him - it's on Marvel.

Stu_Pidman wrote:I'm like Mr. Sigs, I've got all the old Spideys but gave up on modern ASM a while after he did. In fact, I cancelled my subscription right after this issue:

Like I said, I have problems with JMS' run. :mrgreen:

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Mon May 21, 2018 2:38 pm

:lol:
=======================================================================
"... trying to explain, in ANY length beyond your average tweet, is likely going to go to into one eye and out the other." -DocBrown

Return to “Introductions”