Secret Wars #8

Discussing Copper Age Comic Books here.
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Secret Wars #8

Postby Prophet_DNA » Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am

I don't get it... I thought this was the first appearance on Venom? Or do they not consider the symbiote Venom until he bonds with someone else other than Spider-Man?

- Jason

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Secret Wars #8

Postby MR-SigS » Fri May 11, 2018 5:31 am

Correct, SW #8 is simply the origin of the symboite. ASM 252 & MTU 141 are the 1st appearances of the suit (though I believe ASM 252 actually came out like a week or two before MTU 141), Web of Spider-Man #18 is the 1st very minor appearance, or hinting, at Venom as it has a mysterious hand shove Peter into the path of a subway, freaking Peter right the hell out because his Spidey Sense didn't warn him. The hand was Eddie Brock's. Then nothing until ASM #298.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sat May 12, 2018 3:07 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:I don't get it... I thought this was the first appearance on Venom? Or do they not consider the symbiote Venom until he bonds with someone else other than Spider-Man?

Easy mistake to make if you weren't buying comics off the rack at the time. Secret Wars #8 came out 8 months after the books Sigs mentioned.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sat May 12, 2018 6:49 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:I don't get it... I thought this was the first appearance on Venom? Or do they not consider the symbiote Venom until he bonds with someone else other than Spider-Man?

Easy mistake to make if you weren't buying comics off the rack at the time. Secret Wars #8 came out 8 months after the books Sigs mentioned.

Thanks guys! I was buying comics back then but I wasn't into much of Spider-Man at the time... more like Ghost Rider!
- Jason

Return to “Copper Age Comic Books”