Mini-Comics. Yay or Nay?

General discussions of all things related to comic books, creators, artists, writers, websites, etc.
Jimroller
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Mini-Comics. Yay or Nay?

Postby Jimroller » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 am

Hi everyone. I am going to print with the first two issues my new comic series. I would like to launch the series as a mini-comic. Keep in mind, the comic will be professionally printed. The pro's are you get a less expensive comic with low shipping if you order online. My goal is to be the first to disrupt the industry with this approach. What do you think?

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mini-Comics. Yay or Nay?

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 am

I don't mind mini comics. Much easier to hold. But will the lettering also be scaled down, or will it appear normal? I guess what I'm asking, will the original art be produced like it would if intended for standard size printing, then reduced for the mini size?

Jimroller
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Jimroller » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am

Hey MR-SigS. The art will be produced normally and then reduced down but the lettering will appear as the same readable text you would find in a standard sized comic book. BTW, The comic will measure 8.5 inches high and 5.5 inches wide.

Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby Subvet642 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Jimroller wrote:Hey MR-SigS. The art will be produced normally and then reduced down but the lettering will appear as the same readable text you would find in a standard sized comic book. BTW, The comic will measure 8.5 inches high and 5.5 inches wide.

That sounds pretty cool. :thumbsup2:
"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

Return to “Comics General”