More Fun #52

Discussing Golden Age Comic Books here.
User avatar
50AE_DE
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

More Fun #52

Postby 50AE_DE » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:20 am

Anyone know whats going on with More Fun #52? The last sale was a 3.0 that went for $324K. The last time a graded copy went for 6 figures was back in 2006 and that was for a 9.2.



User avatar
MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5725
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:31 pm
Location: The Comic Book Forum. ☺

Re: More Fun #52

Postby MR-SigS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:01 am

1st appearance of The Spectre. Must be rich man movie speculation. Maybe there's a rumor of something out there.

User avatar
50AE_DE
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: More Fun #52

Postby 50AE_DE » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:51 pm

MR-SigS wrote:1st appearance of The Spectre. Must be rich man movie speculation. Maybe there's a rumor of something out there.


That was a huge jump. I own the .5 that is on GPA so I would love for it that to be an actual/legit sale.

User avatar
Jimmers
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:11 pm
Location: In my den,reading comics

Re: More Fun #52

Postby Jimmers » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:04 pm

50AE_DE wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:1st appearance of The Spectre. Must be rich man movie speculation. Maybe there's a rumor of something out there.


That was a huge jump. I own the .5 that is on GPA so I would love for it that to be an actual/legit sale.

Such an awesome book!May I please see a pic if you have one handy?That's a pretty big grail for me.
The sun,with all those planets revolving around it and dependant upon it,can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do
Galileo

User avatar
50AE_DE
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: More Fun #52

Postby 50AE_DE » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Jimmers wrote:
50AE_DE wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:1st appearance of The Spectre. Must be rich man movie speculation. Maybe there's a rumor of something out there.


That was a huge jump. I own the .5 that is on GPA so I would love for it that to be an actual/legit sale.

Such an awesome book!May I please see a pic if you have one handy?That's a pretty big grail for me.


It's not pretty. It's a coverless copy.

User avatar
50AE_DE
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: More Fun #52

Postby 50AE_DE » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Image

Image

User avatar
Jimmers
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:11 pm
Location: In my den,reading comics

Re: More Fun #52

Postby Jimmers » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm

50AE_DE wrote:
Jimmers wrote:
50AE_DE wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:1st appearance of The Spectre. Must be rich man movie speculation. Maybe there's a rumor of something out there.


That was a huge jump. I own the .5 that is on GPA so I would love for it that to be an actual/legit sale.

Such an awesome book!May I please see a pic if you have one handy?That's a pretty big grail for me.


It's not pretty. It's a coverless copy.

It's still awesome!Thanks!Did you get it slabbed,and if,have you been tempted to break it out and browse?
My covrless copy of Weird Comics(Fox)#2 is a bit brittle as well,but I still read it!The flakes were pretty upsetting though. :shock:
That 75 is pretty snazzy too!
The sun,with all those planets revolving around it and dependant upon it,can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do
Galileo

User avatar
50AE_DE
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: More Fun #52

Postby 50AE_DE » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:01 am

Jimmers wrote:
50AE_DE wrote:
Jimmers wrote:
50AE_DE wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:1st appearance of The Spectre. Must be rich man movie speculation. Maybe there's a rumor of something out there.


That was a huge jump. I own the .5 that is on GPA so I would love for it that to be an actual/legit sale.

Such an awesome book!May I please see a pic if you have one handy?That's a pretty big grail for me.


It's not pretty. It's a coverless copy.

It's still awesome!Thanks!Did you get it slabbed,and if,have you been tempted to break it out and browse?
My covrless copy of Weird Comics(Fox)#2 is a bit brittle as well,but I still read it!The flakes were pretty upsetting though. :shock:
That 75 is pretty snazzy too!


Thanks! Yes, I bought it slabbed a couple years back. I want to break it out but I'm concerned about damaging the book any further. There are a few tiny flakes in the slab. I read that something can be done for brittle books to help with making it more supple.

User avatar
Jimmers
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:11 pm
Location: In my den,reading comics

Re: More Fun #52

Postby Jimmers » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:26 pm

I don't know about anything like that,but would like to.I know a pal at cgc made a joke about rubbing ky on the pages and someone took it seriously....
:shock:
The sun,with all those planets revolving around it and dependant upon it,can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do
Galileo


Return to “Golden Age Comic Books”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests