3 Days Left On Kickstarter! 79% Funded and Over $5K!

If you have a comic book related project you want to share with the community, this is the forum to do it.
NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Read my creator-owned comic book, SEASONS (free)

Postby NFShaffer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:43 am

Hello everybody, my name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, and I am the creator and writer of SEASONS, a new comic book I'm posting online at seasonsthecomicbook.com. I'm trying to spread the word over the internet and everywhere and anywhere I can. I hope you like it and check it out weekly. New pages will be posted every Monday and Friday. The first five pages are already up!

http://seasonsthecomicbook.com

Here is a description of the book:

"SEASONS is an original, creator-owned comic book drama for readers who want be a part of a deep and serious one year journey that will challenge how they look at themselves, others and the world around them. The story of SEASONS revolves around one character, Fletcher Hart Iiams, a misunderstood, average young man who isn’t happy with life anymore and has run away from almost everything and everyone. The entirety of this series will span over one year of Fletcher’s life as SEASONS is planned to be four separate but interconnected stories that follow the seasons of the year. The title has a two-fold meaning: the seasons of the year and the “seasons” people go through throughout their lives. There will be four limited series stories — Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter — and each storyline deals with a combination of different obstacles, enemies, themes and problematic situations the main character will have to face all set in real time. Fletcher is given a new set of powers with every seasonal transition; as the world changes, so does he. It is an allegorical character study piece ultimately about finding a reason to live in this world that will drag you down with it if you let it."

~ N. Fox

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Read the first two issues of my creator-owned book, SEASONS (FREE)

Postby NFShaffer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:50 am

Hey there, thecomicbookforum!

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, the creator and writer of the new breakout comic book, SEASONS, and I thought I would update this forum with the exciting news that the entire first two issues are now up at seasonsthecomicbook.com! If there was ever a time to get on board for the most professional webcomic out there, this is definitely it. You can read over 50 pages of SEASONS right now all for FREE! Issue 3 even starts as soon as next week (the 24th)! And if you like it, please share it anywhere you have a voice. Hoping to publish the entire first book soon, and any and every supportive gesture would mean a lot to my artist, Anthony, and I.

Here is description of the series:

“SEASONS is an original, creator-owned comic book drama for readers who want be a part of a deep and serious one year journey that will challenge how they look at themselves, others and the world around them. The story of SEASONS revolves around one character, Fletcher Hart Iiams — a misunderstood, average young man who isn’t happy with life anymore and has run away from almost everything and everyone. The entirety of this series will span over one year of Fletcher’s life as SEASONS is planned to be four separate but interconnected stories that follow the seasons of the year. The title has a two-fold meaning: the seasons of the year and the “seasons” people go through throughout their lives. There will be four limited series stories — Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter — and each storyline deals with a combination of different obstacles, enemies, themes and problematic situations the main character will have to face all set in real time. Fletcher is given a new set of powers with every seasonal transition; as the world changes, so does he. It is an allegorical character study piece ultimately about finding a reason to live in this world that will drag you down with it if you let it.

This is SEASONS, a comic book drama presented by Nandor Fox Shaffer and Anthony Gonzales-Clark.”

Thanks so much, and I hope you read the first two issues and stay caught up with SEASONS! This is really a dream passion project of mine, and I’d love for you to be a part of it. Any feedback is welcome! Please let me know what you think!

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Read the first two issues of my creator-owned book, SEASONS (FREE)

Postby NFShaffer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:52 am

Hey there, thecomicbookforum forum!

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, the creator and writer of the new breakout comic book, SEASONS, and I thought I would update this forum with the exciting news that the entire first two issues are now up at seasonsthecomicbook.com! If there was ever a time to get on board for the most professional webcomic out there, this is definitely it. You can read over 50 pages of SEASONS right now all for FREE! Issue 3 even starts as soon as next week (the 24th)! And if you like it, please share it anywhere you have a voice. Hoping to publish the entire first book soon, and any and every supportive gesture would mean a lot to my artist, Anthony, and I.

Here is description of the series:

“SEASONS is an original, creator-owned comic book drama for readers who want be a part of a deep and serious one year journey that will challenge how they look at themselves, others and the world around them. The story of SEASONS revolves around one character, Fletcher Hart Iiams — a misunderstood, average young man who isn’t happy with life anymore and has run away from almost everything and everyone. The entirety of this series will span over one year of Fletcher’s life as SEASONS is planned to be four separate but interconnected stories that follow the seasons of the year. The title has a two-fold meaning: the seasons of the year and the “seasons” people go through throughout their lives. There will be four limited series stories — Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter — and each storyline deals with a combination of different obstacles, enemies, themes and problematic situations the main character will have to face all set in real time. Fletcher is given a new set of powers with every seasonal transition; as the world changes, so does he. It is an allegorical character study piece ultimately about finding a reason to live in this world that will drag you down with it if you let it.

This is SEASONS, a comic book drama presented by Nandor Fox Shaffer and Anthony Gonzales-Clark.”

Thanks so much, and I hope you read the first two issues and stay caught up with SEASONS! This is really a dream passion project of mine, and I’d love for you to be a part of it. Any feedback is welcome! Please let me know what you think!

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Help Support My Creator-Owned Comic Book, SEASONS (you could be drawn into the book!)

Postby NFShaffer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Nandor Fox Shaffer here, the creator and writer of the new breakout comic book, SEASONS, which you can read completely for FREE at http://seasonsthecomicbook.com
The first two issues are up and we're posting #3 weekly!

I'm posting here to let everyone know that SEASONS now has its own Patreon page, and I'd so love if some of you would help support me to get the book made and out there as fast as possible. You can pledge as little as $1 a month, and every dollar would mean so much to my artist, Anthony, and I. Please check it out! If you pledge $25 for one month, you get to be drawn in the book as a shadow-self! What's a shadow-self? Read SEASONS and find out! Here is the official Patreon page link: https://www.patreon.com/SEASONScomic

Thanks guys and I hope you'll give us and SEASONS a shot,

~ N. Fox

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Announcing SEASONS Kickstarter

Postby NFShaffer » Sat May 20, 2017 5:18 am

Hey guys once again,

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, and I'm the creator and writer of SEASONS, a new independent graphic novel series I've been posting at http://seasonsthecomicbook.com and bringing to Kickstarter next month in June. I'm posting two pages every Monday and Friday weekly, and the fourth and final issue of the Spring arc just started. Please check it out and let me know what you think! This is the perfect time to jump on since I'll be launching the Kickstarter for the first volume next month. Thank you!

"SEASONS is an original, creator-owned comic book drama for readers who want be a part of a deep and serious one year journey that will challenge how they look at themselves, others and the world around them. The story of SEASONS revolves around one character, Fletcher Hart Iiams, a misunderstood, average young man who isn’t happy with his life anymore and has run away from almost everything and everyone. The entirety of this series will span over one year of Fletcher’s life as SEASONS is planned to be four separate but interconnected stories that follow the seasons of the year. The title has a two-fold meaning: the seasons of the year and the “seasons” people go through throughout their lives. There will be four graphic novel stories — Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter — and each storyline deals with a combination of different obstacles, enemies, themes and problematic situations the main character will have to face all set in real time. Fletcher is given a new set of powers with every seasonal transition as well; as the world changes, so does he and his abilities. It is an allegorical character study piece ultimately about finding a reason to live in this world that will drag you down with it if you let it.

This is SEASONS, a comic book drama presented by Nandor Fox Shaffer and Anthony Gonzales-Clark."

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Please Support My Graphic Novel, SEASONS, on Kickstarter Today!

Postby NFShaffer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Hey guys,

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, and I’m the creator and writer of the new compelling graphic novel series, SEASONS. The Kickstarter for the first graphic novel volume launched today, and I am so excited about this campaign and what we’ll accomplish with it; namely, finally making a physical and high-quality hardcover graphic novel of the first story. I need $6,500 to print 500 copies of SEASONS Volume 1: Spring, and your support would mean so much. Here is the link to the Kickstarter project page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/306932693/seasons-volume-1-spring/

This is what other creators have to say about SEASONS

“I am really glad you sent [SEASONS] my way. It looks really cool, and I can’t wait to see it unfold. VERY strong start.” 
- Brian Michael Bendis (Modern-day Marvel Comics legend and writer of Ultimate Spider-Man, Secret Invasion, New Avengers, Avengers, Alias, Powers, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, and many, many more)

“You guys are making a strong comic and I love finding new stuff that I'm shocked at when I see the quality. It's rare in the webcomic world. I can't wait to follow what you guys do.”
- Jason Brubaker (highly-successful self-publishing comics creator of reMIND, SITHRAH, and Unnatural Talent)

"With lovingly detailed and textured art in a style not unlike what you might see from a Sean Gordon Murphy or James Harren comic in the stores today, SEASONS asked me to take a breath, to step inside a frame of mind that was all too familiar, and to recall the excitement and angst that comes along with the territory.Beneath the daydreams and obsessions (and the self-torment that must always balance them), I discovered a psychological exploration of the strange and the unknown that reminded me of Twin Peaks, Alan Wake, or Legion, while tugging on thematic threads one might find in Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground. It is very much its own story though, and I can tell it was written because it had to be written. And to me, that means it demands my attention.” 
- Levi Hoffmeier (creator, writer and artist of the beautiful sci-fi space-opera comic series Mayflower)

Don’t know if you should back SEASONS, or are you on the fence about if the story and art are even that good? Those are totally valid concerns (I would have them, too), but that’s why I’ve been posting pages of SEASONS Vol. 1: Spring at seasonsthecomicbook.com since last September, where you can read the series entirely for FREE. And if you like what you see, I hope it evaporates any reservations or doubts if this is the real thing or not. I assure you, it totally is in every respect. Anthony and I are giving all we have to this project. This is a dream project of mine that I’ve been financing and building from the ground up for the past year, and I’d love for you to be a part of it. We have affordable and awesome rewards to choose from, too. So please read SEASONS and please back the Kickstarter campaign today! You will literally change my life!

Thanks so much,
~ N. Fox

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Please Support My Graphic Novel, SEASONS, on Kickstarter Today!

Postby NFShaffer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Hey guys,

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, and I’m the creator and writer of the new compelling graphic novel series, SEASONS. The Kickstarter for the first graphic novel volume launched today, and I am so excited about this campaign and what we’ll accomplish with it; namely, finally making a physical and high-quality hardcover graphic novel of the first story. I need $6,500 to print 500 copies of SEASONS Volume 1: Spring, and your support would mean so much. Here is the link to the Kickstarter project page --- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/306932693/seasons-volume-1-spring/

This is what other creators have to say about SEASONS ---

“I am really glad you sent [SEASONS] my way. It looks really cool, and I can’t wait to see it unfold. VERY strong start.” 
- Brian Michael Bendis (Modern-day Marvel Comics legend and writer of Ultimate Spider-Man, Secret Invasion, New Avengers, Avengers, Alias, Powers, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, and many, many more)

“You guys are making a strong comic and I love finding new stuff that I'm shocked at when I see the quality. It's rare in the webcomic world. I can't wait to follow what you guys do.”
- Jason Brubaker (highly-successful self-publishing comics creator of reMIND, SITHRAH, and Unnatural Talent)

"With lovingly detailed and textured art in a style not unlike what you might see from a Sean Gordon Murphy or James Harren comic in the stores today, SEASONS asked me to take a breath, to step inside a frame of mind that was all too familiar, and to recall the excitement and angst that comes along with the territory.Beneath the daydreams and obsessions (and the self-torment that must always balance them), I discovered a psychological exploration of the strange and the unknown that reminded me of Twin Peaks, Alan Wake, or Legion, while tugging on thematic threads one might find in Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground. It is very much its own story though, and I can tell it was written because it had to be written. And to me, that means it demands my attention.” 
- Levi Hoffmeier (creator, writer and artist of the beautiful sci-fi space-opera comic series Mayflower)

Don’t know if you should back SEASONS, or are you on the fence about if the story and art are even that good? Those are totally valid concerns (I would have them, too), but that’s why I’ve been posting pages of SEASONS Vol. 1: Spring at seasonsthecomicbook.com since last September, where you can read the series entirely for FREE. And if you like what you see, I hope it evaporates any reservations or doubts if this is the real thing or not. I assure you, it totally is in every respect. Anthony and I are giving all we have to this project. This is a dream project of mine that I’ve been financing and building from the ground up for the past year, and I’d love for you to be a part of it. We have affordable and awesome rewards to choose from, too. So please read SEASONS and please back the Kickstarter campaign today! You will literally change my life!

Thanks so much,
~ N. Fox

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Kickstarter for SEASONS Vol. 1: Spring is 50% Funded!

Postby NFShaffer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello,

My name is Nandor Fox Shaffer, the creator and writer of the new independent graphic novel series, SEASONS. I'm thrilled to say that the Kickstarter for SEASONS is on a roll with having raised over $3,000 in only 18 days! But I still need your support! Please back this dream project of mine and receive some really great and affordable rewards like a collectors edition of the book, being drawn into the story, or even receiving original art from the series! Any support, no matter how little, will mean so much. Thanks, guys!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/306932693/seasons-volume-1-spring/

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

!0 Days Left! Kickstarter For My Comic Is 63% Funded

Postby NFShaffer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:33 am

Hey guys,

I've been posting here regularly about the Kickstarter campaign for my graphic novel, SEASONS Vol. 1: Spring (hopefully it doesn't seem like I'm spamming the forum haha). If you haven't checked it out yet, I'd ask that you please do. There's only 10 days left (11 including today) and I know we can make the goal. I just really need your help. This is my dream passion project that I've been working on for the past 2-3 years and I've spent over $10,000 just to get it to this point. If the campaign fails, I don't know how much longer I can keep the book going (I haven't made any money off of it). Even $5 will mean a lot, and for just $10, I'll send you a digital copy of the graphic novel. We have way more cool rewards -- a collector's signed edition, getting drawn into the book, receive original art from the series -- so definitely see if there's anything you'd like. And if you can't pledge, sharing it with anyone you know or on social media would be fantastic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/306932693/seasons-volume-1-spring/description

Your support would mean so much. I honestly cannot do this without you.

Thanks so much!
~ N. Fox

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

10 Days Left! Kickstarter For My Comic Is 63% Funded

Postby NFShaffer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:38 am

Hey guys,

I've been posting here regularly about the Kickstarter campaign for my graphic novel, SEASONS Vol. 1: Spring (hopefully it doesn't seem like I'm spamming the forum haha). If you haven't checked it out yet, I'd ask that you please do. There's only 10 days left (11 including today) and I know we can make the goal. I just really need your help. This is my dream passion project that I've been working on for the past 2-3 years and I've spent over $10,000 just to get it to this point. If the campaign fails, I don't know how much longer I can keep the book going (I haven't made any money off of it). Even $5 will mean a lot, and for just $10, I'll send you a digital copy of the graphic novel. We have way more cool rewards -- a collector's signed edition, getting drawn into the book, receive original art from the series -- so definitely see if there's anything you'd like. And if you can't pledge, sharing it with anyone you know or on social media would be fantastic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/306932693/seasons-volume-1-spring/description

Your support would mean so much. I honestly cannot do this without you.

Thanks so much!
~ N. Fox

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10 Days Left! Kickstarter For My Comic Is 63% Funded

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 am

Looking forward to my signed copy :crossedfingers:
=======================================================================
your
yôr
determiner
1. belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.
"You're all accepting this as a 9.8?"

Irony around every corner.

NFShaffer
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

3 Days Left On Kickstarter! 79% Funded and Over $5K!

Postby NFShaffer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:14 am

Only 3 days left to back SEASONS on Kickstarter! We're 79% funded and just hit over $5K last night! Not sure if you'd like the comic? Just head on over to http://seasonsthecomicbook.com to read it entirely for free. We got this, guys!

Link to the Kickstarter --- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/306932693/seasons-volume-1-spring?ref=category_popular

Return to “Self publishing announcements (Including Kickstarter).”