What scene would you change? What flaws have you found?

Discuss TV, Movie, and Video Game comic book related media.
MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What scene or line would you change?

Postby MR-SigS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

You'd think Starfleet would be capable of manufacturing projectile weapons to combat the Borg outside of a holodeck. The gun laws in the 23rd century must me pretty tough.

=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What scene would you change? What flaws have you found?

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:49 am

After watching Winter Soldier I remembered a goof in the storyline. Bucky fires a Hydra weapon at Cap that sends him flying backwards :-o
That was also used in First Avenger for Bucky's "death" scene when Bucky, holding Cap's shield, is sent flying out of the hole in the side of the train :facepalm2:
Vibranium is supposed to completely absorb impacts, like it did in the Avengers when Thor "put the hammer down". :rockout: Although even that outcome was incorrect. Absorbing impacts means Mjolnir would have simply went "thump" instead of going all Tunguska on the forest.
For that matter, when Peggy fires the gun at Cap's shield in First Avenger the bullets should have simply hit the shield, then fall to the floor.

For shame, Marvel. For shame :sad2: You guys have to take into account that many nitpicky viewers OCD sufferers watch movies.
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:02 pm

:lol:
- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Actually it's more anal retentive, but since they've never bothered to COME UP WITH A BETTER TERM, I'll stick with OCD.

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Now I know who you are.

:poke2:
- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:14 am

I got to 3:51 and had to stop. Complaining that Fury was driving a Chevy? Sheesh- I feel a whole lot better.

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:45 am

bosco685 wrote:The Mandarin is a superb athlete with tremendous skill in the various martial arts. Through repeated practice, he has toughened all the striking surfaces of his body, especially his hands, which are covered with thick calluses. He can even split Iron Man's magnetic-beam reinforced alloy armor with repeated blows. So great is the Mandarin's martial arts ability, that he can even survive years without food and water, apparently sustaining himself purely via his mastery of chi.

I believe in ancient Chinese martial arts history this technique was called "Art Of The Vibrating Palm". Repeated strikes at a tremendous speed would eventually disrupt the molecular integrity of the object.

Something like that. It's been a long time.

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:19 am

Superior Spider-Man wrote:
bosco685 wrote:The Mandarin is a superb athlete with tremendous skill in the various martial arts. Through repeated practice, he has toughened all the striking surfaces of his body, especially his hands, which are covered with thick calluses. He can even split Iron Man's magnetic-beam reinforced alloy armor with repeated blows. So great is the Mandarin's martial arts ability, that he can even survive years without food and water, apparently sustaining himself purely via his mastery of chi.

I believe in ancient Chinese martial arts history this technique was called "Art Of The Vibrating Palm". Repeated strikes at a tremendous speed would eventually disrupt the molecular integrity of the object.

I like the way you describe this.

Now if only the director had known this in advance, and realized the impressive impact this would have had on the audience.

:-x
- Nick

Image Image

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 am

bosco685 wrote:
Superior Spider-Man wrote:

I like the way you describe this.

Now if only the director had known this in advance, and realized the impressive impact this would have had on the audience.

:-x

I don't mean to OT the thread. There was another technique (can't recall the name) where the student would spend years throwing punches and palm strikes into a deep water well while channeling his chi. Eventually he would feel and hear the vibrations emanating back to him. Mastering this, the student/master could throw a punch at his assailant who may be standing many feet away and actually kill him or at least knock the bazooie out of him.

Okay,.. back to Regular Scheduled Programming! :)

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 am

:clapping:
- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Lucas really should have had Yoda say, "About this, a bad feeling I have" at the end of AOTC.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 am

I was watching Suicide Squad the other day and paused the picture in order to read Killer Croc's bio. It mentions his height as being 7 feet.
That is some lousy art direction and casting. The character was hardly a factor in the film, more cosmetic than anything, and it's not like the actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was easily recognizable.
It's a little thing that too many films dismiss. If you're going to go through the trouble of thinking up the words (unless they copied it from an actual comic book bio), then try to match it to the film, or have the film match it.
Hell, he even called HQ "shorty" in the film. :huh:
He didn't even look 6' tall himself. They couldn't find a tall man with a Louisiana accent? At least his screen presence would have been impressive beyond the prosthetic makeup.

Return to “Comic Book Media”