Quentin Tarantino Almost Directed a Comic Book Movie (More Than Once)

Discuss TV, Movie, and Video Game comic book related media.
santi
Cameo
Cameo

Quentin Tarantino Almost Directed a Comic Book Movie (More Than Once)

Postby santi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:22 am

Comic book films are arguably the most popular and bankable movie genre of the last decades, so it's no surprise that most big name directors in Hollywood have had offers to make comic book movies, and Tarantino is no exception. In fact, he's thought of making THREE comic book movies throughout his career, watch the video to found out which properties he considered adapting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzxXqvhifN8

Also, which comic character have you always thought would fit Tarantino's directing style? I always thought that Garth Ennis' Hitman would be a very cool movie Tarantino could make.

Thanks for watching, any feedback is much appreciated :D

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: Quentin Tarantino Almost Directed a Comic Book Movie (More Than Once)

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:46 am

santi wrote:Comic book films are arguably the most popular and bankable movie genre of the last decades, so it's no surprise that most big name directors in Hollywood have had offers to make comic book movies, and Tarantino is no exception. In fact, he's thought of making THREE comic book movies throughout his career, watch the video to found out which properties he considered adapting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzxXqvhifN8

Also, which comic character have you always thought would fit Tarantino's directing style? I always thought that Garth Ennis' Hitman would be a very cool movie Tarantino could make.

Hitman would be a great movie; but do you think Tarantino has the right sense of humor for it? How about Edgar Wright as Hitman director?
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

santi
Cameo
Cameo

Re: Quentin Tarantino Almost Directed a Comic Book Movie (More Than Once)

Postby santi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
santi wrote:Comic book films are arguably the most popular and bankable movie genre of the last decades, so it's no surprise that most big name directors in Hollywood have had offers to make comic book movies, and Tarantino is no exception. In fact, he's thought of making THREE comic book movies throughout his career, watch the video to found out which properties he considered adapting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzxXqvhifN8

Hitman would be a great movie; but do you think Tarantino has the right sense of humor for it? How about Edgar Wright as Hitman director?

I've personally always enjoyed how Tarantino handles comedy but Edgar Wright would be an awesome choice as well, he'd have a blast directing Section 8 lol.
Thanks for watching btw :)

Return to “Comic Book Media”