The Canceled LOBO Cartoon Set In The DCAU That Almost Happened

Discuss TV, Movie, and Video Game comic book related media.
santi
Cameo
Cameo

The Canceled LOBO Cartoon Set In The DCAU That Almost Happened

Postby santi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 am

Did you know that Lobo: The Animated Series was almost a thing? Could you imagine having had a Lobo cartoon in the middle of the 90s?

Would you have watched the show had it come out back then? The main issue would've been that the more adult aspects of Lobo wouldn't have been part of the show, but having watched the WebCartoon it seems to me like that would've been a good thing in the end lol

Any feedback would be much appreciated btw, have a nice day :)

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: The Canceled LOBO Cartoon Set In The DCAU That Almost Happened

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:14 pm

I would love to see an animated Lobo series, but not with that kind of crappy animation. It almost looks like that terrible psuedo-Manga Teen Titans series. If they made a Lobo cartoon today I'd bet it'd look awesome.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Jeffro
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: The Canceled LOBO Cartoon Set In The DCAU That Almost Happened

Postby Jeffro » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:59 am

I think they would have ruined Lobo. I'm no fan but if you were going to do it right, it would have to be based on the Bisley stuff and that would never fly in mainstream animation in the 90s.

Today, on the other hand, you could definitely do it but it would have to be on say HBO, or AMC. It would fit well in with Adult Swim, too.
For shame doc. Huntin' rabbits with an elephant gun.
Ewephant gun?
That's right doc. So why don't you go shoot yourself an elephant?

Awfully unsporting of me, I know, but what the hey, I gotta have some fun. - Daffy Duck, Rabbit Seasoning (1952)

Approve not of him who commends all you say - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Comic Book Media”