The Flash on CW (10/7/14)

Discuss TV, Movie, and Video Game comic book related media.
bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

The Flash on CW (10/7/14)

Postby bosco685 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:33 am

This show was fantastic. That ending had me wanting more of this series.

:banana5:

- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Flash on CW (10/7/14)

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 am

:willynilly:
I missed it!!!
:crazy2:
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:19 am

I only saw the last 25 minutes because my kids picked LAST NIGHT to want to stay up later than usual. I'll definitely be watching this on On-Demand.
- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:11 pm

CW is On-Demand?!?
(looking...)

Edit:
Not seeing it :(
*heavy sigh*
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:16 pm

They're showing it again tonight :yess:
Not in HD, though :rant2:

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:01 am

Outstanding, best superhero show on tv. The wife loved it too but Arrow is still her #1. I've tried watching Arrow but it just seems ok to me, with the best part being Deathstroke. Since I know next to nothing about DC or the Flash, I had to Google the episode to catch the easter eggs and back story. I know I'm probably the only one on this board that needs it but here's the link anyway...

http://screenrant.com/flash-tv-series-e ... refrences/

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:25 am

I enjoyed it, but there were too many moments when I felt like I was watching Sam Raimi's Spider-Man.

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:38 am

Still #1 in my book. The villain in last weeks episode sure reminds me of Multiple Man. Is the guy in the wheelchair Professor Zoom? Bring on Grodd.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:44 am

The only thing bothering me is when there's no threat, he displays speeds that show everyone else "standing still". Yet when fighting a foe he's pummeled with punches, or (as in the last episode) the "Mist" was able to change form before Flash could reach him. I don't really accept his "newness" as a good reason because he's already aware that he can move so fast that is appears time freezes.

Just seems inconsistent. I thought how Quicksilver was done in X-Men DOFP was how this should be done.

FrozenTundraGuy
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby FrozenTundraGuy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:19 pm

MR-SigS wrote:The only thing bothering me is when there's no threat, he displays speeds that show everyone else "standing still". Yet when fighting a foe he's pummeled with punches, or (as in the last episode) the "Mist" was able to change form before Flash could reach him. I don't really accept his "newness" as a good reason because he's already aware that he can move so fast that is appears time freezes.

Just seems inconsistent. I thought how Quicksilver was done in X-Men DOFP was how this should be done.

I liked the show, but not quite as much as "Gotham". My theory is that the show needs more characters. "Gotham" has Gordon's jaded partner Harvey Bullock, the Penguin, Fish Mooney, and various mob members to spice things up. To be fair I only watched the most recent episode about Mist. I also noticed the bit about Mist being able to avoid the Flash, where the Flash should have been able to get in and land blows or perhaps capture him. Heck in the comics the Flash would have just obtained a vacuum cleaner and given the Mist a good case of bronchitis, from the dust, if not capturing him outright.

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:22 am

I agree with your posts. I kept expecting Flash to create a tornado or vortex and blow the mist away. Gotham is still ok. It needs to be moved to FX and mix in some SOA, Sopranos, and Boardwalk Empire, then it would probably be my #1.

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Flash is Jesus. He can run on water. Finally, got to see Grodd. :P

FrozenTundraGuy
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby FrozenTundraGuy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Sleemo wrote:Flash is Jesus. He can run on water. Finally, got to see Grodd. :P

Likewise, looking forward to see Grodd, especially once he busts out of the cell he's locked in. :popcorn:

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:33 am

I think Grodd has already busted out of his cage, during the first episode. What we saw was a flash back and it was the first time we've seen Grodd. I like how this show usually has superheroes and villains with superpowers in it, unlike Shield, Arrow or Gotham. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:24 am

Zoom makes an appearance and Flash gets his name. For those who know, how fast can Flash run? The speed of light or faster, right? To travel through or have an effect on time you'd think he'd have to run at least the speed of light. I think when Grodd shows up he's going to break the supervillains out of their prison.

FrozenTundraGuy
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby FrozenTundraGuy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:49 am

Sleemo wrote:Zoom makes an appearance and Flash gets his name. For those who know, how fast can Flash run? The speed of light or faster, right? To travel through or have an effect on time you'd think he'd have to run at least the speed of light. I think when Grodd shows up he's going to break the supervillains out of their prison.

I missed last nights episode, as I was out of town. I take it the episode with Grodd has yet to air? :popcorn:

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Yes, it has yet to air. All we've seen of Grodd has been his busted cage in episode 1 and a flashback of him in his cage a couple of episodes ago.

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 am

- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:30 am

Wow! I didn't see that coming. I was never very happy with Cisco's character, but I didn't necessarily want to see him killed off. Maybe I was just hoping his character would grow into itself. One thing I will have to admit, is he did some of the best acting he's done on the show right there in his death scene. He acted like somebody facing his own inescapable death. But then again, Barry ran into the past at the end of the show. I suppose they'll do one of those Star Trek time jumps and everything will be fine in the end.
And even though it was the Reverse Flash doing it, at last we're finally starting to see some the abilities we know the speedster can perform. All in all, I say the show was moving along very well.

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 pm

That has to be one of the greatest comic book TV episodes, EVER!
- Nick

Image Image

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Anyone catch the homage to Flash #123 in tonight's episode?

:rockout:

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:10 am

Kind of a dumb episode tonight. Seems to me Capt. Cold could have used his Cold Gun to solve his problem AT ANY TIME during the show :facepalm2:
Great to see Michael Ironside, and ALWAYS great to see The Golden Glider (she used to be on my wife's soap opera- my, has she grown :drool: ).

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:21 pm

Plastic Man is introduced in tonight's episode. Pretty funny. Looks better than anything any FF movie tried.

Whoever the actor is is trying to be Jim Carrey waaay too much, though.

Return to “Comic Book Media”