Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (5/6/16)

Discuss TV, Movie, and Video Game comic book related media.
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (5/6/16)

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:16 pm

MR-SigS wrote:Actually, I'm hoping to see a geriatric Batman slap his colostomy bag upside a young, virile alien god's head :lol:
Or at least something similar to TDKR #4.

Yeah, I can't wait for The Bat to batter the Big Blue Boy Scout black and blue.

There's some alliteration for ya Scott! :P

Batman's gonna make Supes bleed...

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:
"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:02 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:There's some alliteration for ya Scott! :P

Now that I know what it means, :lol:
=======================================================================
your
yôr
determiner
1. belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.
"You're all accepting this as a 9.8?"

Irony around every corner.

Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby Subvet642 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 pm

I heard it was awful! The students who saw it said it was like that episode of South Park where a "certain famous film director" "assaults" a beloved action character. :shock:
"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:08 pm

The only reason I can see to watch this is Wonder Woman.
Now, put her in her own film and I will go watch that.
I don't mind strong female characters if they are portrayed properly.

BTW, I thought The Revenant was a terrible movie. Somehow it managed to get Oscars.
Stay out of my yard!

funkpolice
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby funkpolice » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:50 am

I thought the Revenant was horrible too. I liked the bear attack though and some of the cinematography. "UGHHH. ARGHH. Pelts."

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:24 am

Subvet642 wrote:I heard it was awful! The students who saw it said it was like that episode of South Park where a "certain famous film director" "assaults" a beloved action character. :shock:

I'm not sure exactly what episode you're refering to, but that sounds good to me! :lol:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:
"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:43 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Subvet642 wrote:I heard it was awful! The students who saw it said it was like that episode of South Park where a "certain famous film director" "assaults" a beloved action character. :shock:

I'm not sure exactly what episode you're refering to, but that sounds good to me! :lol:

The one where Spielberg and Lucas "violate" Indian Jones in various iconic Film scenarios (The Accused, Deliverance and one other I can't recall), symbolizing what they did to the character when they made the Crystal Skull.

We saw BvS this morning. While it didn't WOW me, I was entertained more than I was with either of Garfield's ASM films. It pretty much had a "setting the stage" feel to it. I think online critics hand out bad reviews for highly anticipated films just to get read.

Where I thought the film failed was character development. Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor needed deeper intros.
your
yôr
determiner
1. belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:41 pm

MR-SigS wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:

The one where Spielberg and Lucas "violate" Indian Jones in various iconic Film scenarios (The Accused, Deliverance and one other I can't recall), symbolizing what they did to the character when they made the Crystal Skull.

I thought of that episode, but I didn't think it related to BvS. How does it relate to BvS? Are these kids (I've got to remember these are college-age students) referring to the 1978 Superman movie (aka the first Indy Jones movie), and that this movie is akin to Crystal Skull? Have these kids never heard of the comic series The Dark Knight Returns, and if not, would they think Frank Miller "raped" Batman and/or Superman in 1986? Do they think that making Superman look like the lame-ass loser he is is "disrespectful"?

I don't understand why those students said BvS is like the Crystal Skull episode of South Park :?: Maybe after I see the movie...

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:22 pm

I don't understand where they make that connection either.
your
yôr
determiner
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:01 pm

I forgot to mention Affleck was great as Wayne/Batman. He put out a convincing anger his character needed for this film.
your
yôr
determiner
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.

Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby Subvet642 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:06 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:

I thought of that episode, but I didn't think it related to BvS. How does it relate to BvS? Are these kids (I've got to remember these are college-age students) referring to the 1978 Superman movie (aka the first Indy Jones movie), and that this movie is akin to Crystal Skull? Have these kids never heard of the comic series The Dark Knight Returns, and if not, would they think Frank Miller "raped" Batman and/or Superman in 1986? Do they think that making Superman look like the lame-ass loser he is is "disrespectful"?

I don't understand why those students said BvS is like the Crystal Skull episode of South Park :?: Maybe after I see the movie...

Well, they said that it had numerous plot holes. Characters had unexplained knowledge and they felt that it was all slapped together; trying to do with one movie what Marvel did with several. They also said that Batman in the armor looked like a stop-motion action figure.
"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:15 am

"They" were probably also thinking, "This doesn't look anything like the Adam West Batman."

The movie is good. :thumbsup2: Not the best, but good. Sure as hell better than Iron Man 3.
your
yôr
determiner
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.

Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby Subvet642 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:01 am

MR-SigS wrote:"They" were probably also thinking, "This doesn't look anything like the Adam West Batman."

The movie is good. :thumbsup2: Not the best, but good. Sure as hell better than Iron Man 3.

My wife's been hearing a lot of bad reviews, too. I'll wait for it to come out on cable.

funkpolice
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby funkpolice » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:18 pm

I watched Batman Returns with my kids last night. It's my favorite Batman movie. It got mixed reviews from the kids. the 7 and 5 yr old girls dug it, my 3 yr old boy thought it had "too much talking"

jmmelia
Cameo
Cameo

Postby jmmelia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:32 am

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:56 am

bosco685 wrote:And the actor rumored to play either The Flash or Metallo (Scoot McNairy).

Funny how rumors turn out sometimes. If he becomes anyone after this film, that's jumping a mammoth shark.
your
yôr
determiner
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:00 am

I don't visit the slab forums anymore, or any other site that discusses films, and I'm sure this has to have been discussed somewhere, but it's interesting how "Negan" and "Maggie" play Bruce Wayne's parents.
your
yôr
determiner
"Your book got a 9.8?"
you're
yo͝or
contraction
you are.

Return to “Comic Book Media”