pgx stuff

General discussion about PGX grading.
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: pgx stuff

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:23 am

Nice job!

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

BetaJones
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby BetaJones » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:51 am

As promised i have located another pgx emloyee named Ron Foster and he describes his self as being a label maker and fact checker and minion for pgx https://facebook.com/ron.foster.758?_rdr and he is facebook friends with Ryan Elliot, Daniel Patterson, Richard Krinock, Justin Edwards, Ryan Elliot's listed girlfriend. I think it is very interesting that Ryan Elliot is supposed to have nothing to do with pgx but yet he is friends with what looks like is the staff of pgx. It proves nothing right now but it is very interesting. Someone gave me an interesting tip that one ebay account tbat was supposed to have been used by ryan Elliot was user named von doom and tbat account might have belonged to Ron foster and that makes sence of the user name looking at his account. I also was told that ryan Elliot may be selling pgx books on ebay using the user name of comicnut1969. more to come soon.

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 am

Just a heads up... recieved this email today... and here was my response...

Hello,

If you have privacy concerns with personal information on a public website such as Facebook you need to contact Facebook with your concerns as to what information they share with the world wide web. As far as I can see the information shared is available in any public search engine.

- Jason

On Dec 7, 2014 11:04 AM, "Valqara Targaryan" <valqara@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.thecomicbookforum.com/forum/ ... 8?start=25

Please remove the facebook link that this person posted in this thread, it is a violation of privacy and also bad etiquette for a public forum.

If link isn't removed I will be taking action against your website.

Thank you

Ron Foster
- Jason

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 am

"bad etiquette"

:lol: you gotta be shittin' me!
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:53 pm

:roll: I really wish somedays people should take a training course on how the internet works...

Couple more emails and responses...

valqara@gmail.com wrote:You share private correspondence on a public forum? Classy guy.

Prophet_DNA wrote:Hello,

Once you hit send the information transmitted to me belongs to me and I will do as I please with that information. Privacy was never implied at any point of our conversation now will it ever be. Assume anything online is viewable to anyone at anytime.

- Jason

Threaten me in his first email and expects me to be a gentlemen about things... Should always choose words wisely IMO...
- Jason

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:02 pm

What silliness. The whole point of being on FB is to share. If you don't want to share your life, don't put it on FB.

The rather sad part of this is everyone wanting to run from who they work for. I have a friend that is an IRS auditor that has fewer qualms about admitting to people what their job is. You'd think that there were mobs with pitchforks at their houses every night. Hookers and strippers make less effort at keeping their jobs and real names a secret.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 pm

IronMan wrote:What silliness. The whole point of being on FB is to share. If you don't want to share your life, don't put it on FB.

The rather sad part of this is everyone wanting to run from who they work for. I have a friend that is an IRS auditor that has fewer qualms about admitting to people what their job is. You'd think that there were mobs with pitchforks at their houses every night. Hookers and strippers make less effort at keeping their jobs and real names a secret.

Yeah that is what I don't get... If he was trying to hide the fact he was working for PGX then why did he put this little tad bit of information on his Facebook and didn't make it private.

And some how this is our fault? It probably a good thing he deleted his account now seeing as he had a real problem with Facebook and their privacy settings... :roll: I always tell people... you don't want the world to find out then do not post it on the internet. Wonder why people can't seem to understand that...
- Jason

Pepto-Bismol

Postby Pepto-Bismol » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Prophet_DNA wrote: you don't want the world to find out then do not post it on the internet. Wonder why people can't seem to understand that...

BetaJones
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby BetaJones » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 pm

a very interesting response and it begs the question why do these people have any concern at all about it if they have provided it in a place where anyone can see it?? The threat of taking action is nothing more than a ploy because there is no action he can take because there has not been any sort of wrongdoing. First the complaints on the photo account and now the threats here and the facebook account has been removed. And i'm just getting started with all of this. Do they really have something to so scared of that any sort of anythibg naming pgx employees is going to be that bad??

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 am

Plus the very short time in which he found out about the link here on the boards. He must have been quickly informed.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:30 am

Superior Spider-Man wrote:Plus the very short time in which he found out about the link here on the boards. He must have been quickly informed.

Yeah.. Just because PGXGuy went away doesn't mean he/them aren't reading the forum. I would expect that they keep an eye on all the major comic boards.

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:21 am

Pepto - Geez Man! Who is that girl???
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

BetaJones
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby BetaJones » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:24 am

that girl is just so amazing!!!!! :shock: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

BetaJones
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby BetaJones » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:37 am

all of these pgx associations with Ryan elliot are a little bit troubling for me. I don't know if this ryan elliot dude is for sure scamming people but it sure does raise a lot of red flags for me that the guy being accused of all this comic scamming with pgx graded books just so happens to be friends with all of these pgx employees and graders. hiding public facebook pages and making threats of action along with screen grabs bein v reported to the photo service account i received and that account now suddenly out of no where getting 4,000 views just is not passing the good old smell test with me and strikes me as a lot more than just coincidental happenings.

comicssoldier
Cameo
Cameo

Postby comicssoldier » Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 pm

I am brand new to these boards--probably a few years too late. I want to tell a quick story about my experience with PGX. My friend and I sent several batches of comics to them.

The first thing I found was when I sent 15 or so Amazing Spider-mans, from 121-140 or so. Every single one came back 9.0 and came back in record time. My first reaction was "How could EVERY book be a 9.0?" I mean, you're telling me that there wasn't one difference in any of them --a 2/10 of a grade difference? They were wrong on grades anyway because they undergraded them. That was a major disappointment. I felt like they went "uhhmm...just give him all 9.0's and the ones he's disappointed in will make up for the ones he's happy with."

This was minor to what happened a few months later. We sent in 2 Iron Man #1's. One was an 8.0 easy. Now--I had been a nearly full time on the road dealer doing a lot of shows at that time (about 8 years ago now--geez time flies), so my grading was very conservative and still is. What I'm trying to say is that I am not untrained when it comes to grading. So--8.0. It did have a slight gray/brownish store stamp on the back cover in the upper right hand corner. Then we sent a Tales of Suspense 42 in about a 9.0. I'm not kidding when I say we were horrified at what we got back. I received an Iron Man #1 in 6.0! I immediately noticed a huge difference by just looking at the front cover--spine damage, creases, etc. They sent me the wrong book! They had switched books on me!! No store stamp on the back cover either!! As we unloaded the rest of the box, my friend got his Tales of Suspense back--but it was a TOS 46 in 7.0!!! Immediately we called them and spoke to a secretary who said she would have the owner call me back. He never did. I left over 15 messages, and after that many, they started blocking my calls. I sent numerous e-mails, but there was never any response. Bottom line is--they screwed me and my friend bad. Here we are two gulf war vets, good honest guys, and they screwed us! If I ever hear of them coming to a comic con, I will drive many hours just to confront them on it. It's been years now, but still remembered.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Mon May 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Very sorry to read that you're the latest in a very long line. I am honestly shocked they're still in business, getting away with this.
I assume you had no scans of the date stamp?
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Tue May 10, 2016 2:06 am

Do you still have these books?

If not, did you sell them in the slabs they were in or crack them out and sell raw at a higher grade (which would obviously be the thing to do if the grading sucked that bad.... which it probably did.) Or did you send them to another 3rd party grader?

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Just window shopping at MCS and comparing some of their scans to mine, and saw this book with two slabbed 8.0 examples for sale- One by CGC and the other by PGX; DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #4 (Actually the 1st issue of the series- That silly DC).
I'll leave it at that.

PGX

CGC

This book is hotter than I thought- I bought my copy from Kramerica a few years ago. Probably a 7.0

Spoiler: show
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

50AE_DE
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby 50AE_DE » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:27 pm

The defects are obvious on the front cover but to have the same grade is questionable. Is PGX's grading scale the same as CGC, like a PGX 8.0 is VF, just like how CGC 8.0's are Vf's? I wonder if the back cover had an impact on the CGC grade but it's doubtful.

Return to “PGX - Professional Grading eXperts”