"Romitaman" Mike Burkey admits shilling his HA auctions

Show off your comic book art here.
Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Re: "Romitaman" Mike Burkey admits shilling his HA auctions

Postby Subvet642 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:22 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:Subby, do you ever go to That's Entertainment in Worcester? That's gotta be the biggest LCS in New England (20,000 sq ft total), they have a LOT of books in stock. I used to win their email trivia contest and go there once a month to spend my $10 credit :takeit:

I'm never really out that way, but if it's that good, I could probably talk the wife into it; she has a college friend out that way, illustrates children's books. I've got some filling in to do, so it might be worth a ride. Besides, they have some good diners along the way and I love a good greasy spoon! :thumbsup2:

"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 am

Subvet642 wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:Subby, do you ever go to That's Entertainment in Worcester? That's gotta be the biggest LCS in New England (20,000 sq ft total), they have a LOT of books in stock. I used to win their email trivia contest and go there once a month to spend my $10 credit :takeit:

I'm never really out that way, but if it's that good, I could probably talk the wife into it; she has a college friend out that way, illustrates children's books. I've got some filling in to do, so it might be worth a ride. Besides, they have some good diners along the way and I love a good greasy spoon! :thumbsup2:

Cool, I don't know exactly where you live so wasn't sure if That's E was close. You could sign up for their email, win a $10 credit, and then tell your wife that now you HAVE to go there :lol:

If you like greasy spoons and you're ever on 395 South going to Mohegan Sun/Foxwoods, stop by my town. We have an awesome greasy spoon that's been around for 60 years: https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=-u ... r+dayville
Bill Griffith has eaten there, click the History link for confirmation :mrgreen:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:
"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby Subvet642 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:58 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Subvet642 wrote:

Cool, I don't know exactly where you live so wasn't sure if That's E was close. You could sign up for their email, win a $10 credit, and then tell your wife that now you HAVE to go there :lol:

If you like greasy spoons and you're ever on 395 South going to Mohegan Sun/Foxwoods, stop by my town. We have an awesome greasy spoon that's been around for 60 years: https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=-u ... r+dayville
Bill Griffith has eaten there, click the History link for confirmation :mrgreen:

I'm just south of Boston, in Weymouth. I already mentioned the store to the wife and she sounds receptive and she loves diners.
"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:35 am

Subvet642 wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Subvet642 wrote:

I'm just south of Boston, in Weymouth. I already mentioned the store to the wife and she sounds receptive and she loves diners.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm closer to Worcester than you even though I live in Connecticut :thumbsup2:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:
"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Return to “Original Comic Book Art Collections”