Question #2 Primary & Secondary Graders?

Discuss Halo or any other third party comic book grading company here.
timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Question #2 Primary & Secondary Graders?

Postby timern » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 am

I am in direct communication with Tiffany at Vault Valuation LLC, their media representative. I posed the first of three questions this morning and will post their official response here once received.

Question #2

Who is Vault’s primary comic book grader and secondary comic book graders?

Vault Official Response: Received 07.30.14

We do not share personal information about our employees, agents, or business partners. Each member of our full-time grading staff has at least 15 years of grading, restoration, and archival experience directly in illustrative and comic book art services. We also have consulting agreements in place with a select number of contract graders who have at least 5 years of comic book grading experience.

- Tim
:horse: Image

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: Question #2 Primary & Secondary Graders?

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 am

I'd also like to know who their Restoration expert is, his credentials, work experience, who he learned from, years in the biz etc.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby timern » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:I'd also like to know who their Restoration expert is, his credentials, work experience, who he learned from, years in the biz etc.

Hi Stu,
I will ask that question in the next round of questions. Let's see how quickly Vault responds to the first three questions posed.
Cheers!
- Tim

timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby timern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Please don't shoot the messenger, but comments and responses are welcomed. My understanding is that they (Vault) will be viewing the forum from time to time.

Cheers!
- Tim

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

:shock: don't share personal information? We are just asking who their primary grader is... Even I know the wine makers first and last name of some of the popular wines I sell including where they go to school and past experience...
- Jason

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:42 am

Does anyone have a link to the CGC thread where these hacks were outed making false claims regarding their books values compared to CGC in the owners eBay listings and got caught grading and selling his own personal books like PGX? Did that thread go poof? These guys will always have zero credibility in the biz.

timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby timern » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:54 am

I am not here to defend Vault Grading however I will say that I would expect no less from the CGC boards that anything that is posted discrediting another third party grading company would be acceptable and anything that would be of merit to another third party grading company would most likely be pruned by CGC.

Our attempt here is to try and find credibility and answers from the Vault Grading company. Please try and pose a question that can be forwarded to Vault for verification or explanation of the incident to which you are making reference.
- Tim

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:53 am

Q: What is Gianni Amato's relationship to Vault Valuation LLC both past and present?

Q: Did Gianni Amato sell Vault graded books on eBay under the eBay ID: comicart1?

Q: Did comicart1 shill his auctions complete with false testimonials from the shills like "my vault books sold for 50% higher than cgc books on eBay"?

Then when you get a BS answer or no response, you can direct them here, the board detectives did amazing work throughout the thread taking apart every shady thing Vault engaged in, but the key post is from Erazer here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ub ... ost7346533

Only my opinion, but scammers really shouldn't be included as part of the comic community, these folks even refuse to divulge who they are, but many of their identities can be found throughout the thread I included above.

timern
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby timern » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:02 pm

I would ask that you rephrase the third question in a less defamatory manner as the question conveys the feeling that the person has already been convicted of the crime in my opinion.

I have submitted the first two questions for a response.

I would also ask that before you start making all the judgments against Vault that this forum is not intended to condemn someone or a company without them allowing to defend themselves.

Were they given the opportunity to speak on their behalf on the CGC forums?
- Tim

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:03 pm

timern wrote:I would ask that you rephrase the third question in a less defamatory manner as the question conveys the feeling that the person has already been convicted of the crime in my opinion.

I have submitted the first two questions for a response.

I would also ask that before you start making all the judgments against Vault that this forum is not intended to condemn someone or a company without them allowing to defend themselves.

Were they given the opportunity to speak on their behalf on the CGC forums?

There is a point in the thread where an apparent Vault rep tried to defend the company, but they scurried away pretty quickly as more more evidence of wrongdoing was uncovered. They have already been proven to shill, make absurd claims, and grade and sell personal books, but I'm glad you are reminding them by asking the questions.

Return to “Other Grading Companies”