Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Discuss Halo or any other third party comic book grading company here.
User avatar
IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Evansville, IN
Contact:

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby IronMan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:47 pm

avengers55 wrote:ummm... all this came right off the CGC boards. It is pretty convenient the poster forgot to include the rest of the story :lol:

the rest of the story is that the "gianni amato" guy sold the comic book stores/business to someone else named "Ed" or "Eddie" or something who was later found out to be the "comicart1" handle. So "Gianni Amato" is not "comicart1" as previously stated. The entire CBC post was immediately invalidated and proved to be a sham (possibly invented and manufactured by the CGC mods but who knows). The poster on this board must be one of those guys who tried to say that Vault was a scam or whatever. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried the same thing with CBCS. Thanks for all the accuracy - you are real "ass"et to this thread. Nice try though and thanks for telling the whole story :lol:


It was Eddie that I bought from. He sent me a message via eBay and listed his name. It is Eddie that I believe didn't ship the book because it sold to cheap - something two other buyers say in the feedback. And Eddie that in recent feedback that stands accused of shilling his auctions.

I actually told "Eddie" that it didn't really matter to me what Vault graded book he sent me, I just wanted to see the holder and get a idea of what a NM/better Vault graded book looked like. So send me anything. He then messaged me and said the PO had found my book and I'd be getting it soon. Which I never did of course. The USPS website shows to this day that the tracking number's status is "electronically notified". They never got the book.

I don't see how Gianni Amato selling the business affects the accuracy of anything having been said. Comicart1 is the owner of Vault Grading, he sells books he graded himself on eBay and there are buyers feedback complaints of shill bidding and not shipping items that sell to cheap. I should have left negative but since his Ms Marvel 1 sold for $10 nearly all of his auctions have been BIN (or shilled)

The conspiracy theory that the CGC mods made up all negative comments on the Collector Society Message boards is just silly.


"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby avengers55 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:43 am

IronMan wrote:
avengers55 wrote:ummm... all this came right off the CGC boards. It is pretty convenient the poster forgot to include the rest of the story :lol:

the rest of the story is that the "gianni amato" guy sold the comic book stores/business to someone else named "Ed" or "Eddie" or something who was later found out to be the "comicart1" handle. So "Gianni Amato" is not "comicart1" as previously stated. The entire CBC post was immediately invalidated and proved to be a sham (possibly invented and manufactured by the CGC mods but who knows). The poster on this board must be one of those guys who tried to say that Vault was a scam or whatever. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried the same thing with CBCS. Thanks for all the accuracy - you are real "ass"et to this thread. Nice try though and thanks for telling the whole story :lol:


It was Eddie that I bought from. He sent me a message via eBay and listed his name. It is Eddie that I believe didn't ship the book because it sold to cheap - something two other buyers say in the feedback. And Eddie that in recent feedback that stands accused of shilling his auctions.

I actually told "Eddie" that it didn't really matter to me what Vault graded book he sent me, I just wanted to see the holder and get a idea of what a NM/better Vault graded book looked like. So send me anything. He then messaged me and said the PO had found my book and I'd be getting it soon. Which I never did of course. The USPS website shows to this day that the tracking number's status is "electronically notified". They never got the book.

I don't see how Gianni Amato selling the business affects the accuracy of anything having been said. Comicart1 is the owner of Vault Grading, he sells books he graded himself on eBay and there are buyers feedback complaints of shill bidding and not shipping items that sell to cheap. I should have left negative but since his Ms Marvel 1 sold for $10 nearly all of his auctions have been BIN (or shilled)

The conspiracy theory that the CGC mods made up all negative comments on the Collector Society Message boards is just silly.


You are obviously missing the whole point and you still don't get it that "Comicart1" is not the owner of Vault Grading according to the CGC site. That is the joke about the CGC thread and it basically sabotaged itself. You should re-read it (unless of course the mods deleted that part which they admit to doing). Regarding the CGC invented comments - it is not silly at all- they are trying (but failing miserably BTW) to do the same thing to CBCS. I used to get my books graded by CGC but dont' anymore. I use Vault and CBCS exclusively. That is also why i like this forum - the mods aren't beholden to any company and don't delete posts that they find inconvenient.

User avatar
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am
Location: In the not too distant future...

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 am

See below, if the UBB code would behave for me!
Last edited by Stu_Pidman on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

User avatar
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am
Location: In the not too distant future...

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 am

Regarding the CGC invented comments - it is not silly at all- they are trying (but failing miserably BTW) to do the same thing to CBCS.


If you're talking about this quote "The entire CBC post was immediately invalidated and proved to be a sham (possibly invented and manufactured by the CGC mods but who knows)" then yes, it is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories I've ever heard, and I've been bashing CGC on their own boards for 12 years. I'd be interested in reading your posts on the CGC Board - is your ID the same over there as it is here?


I use Vault and CBCS exclusively.


Do you have a thread showing off your Vault books?

That is also why i like this forum - the mods aren't beholden to any company and don't delete posts that they find inconvenient.


You sure seem beholden to one of these companies. Would you like to come clean now or should we just give you enough rope?
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

User avatar
IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Evansville, IN
Contact:

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby IronMan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:49 pm

avengers55 wrote:
IronMan wrote:
avengers55 wrote:ummm... all this came right off the CGC boards. It is pretty convenient the poster forgot to include the rest of the story :lol:

the rest of the story is that the "gianni amato" guy sold the comic book stores/business to someone else named "Ed" or "Eddie" or something who was later found out to be the "comicart1" handle. So "Gianni Amato" is not "comicart1" as previously stated. The entire CBC post was immediately invalidated and proved to be a sham (possibly invented and manufactured by the CGC mods but who knows). The poster on this board must be one of those guys who tried to say that Vault was a scam or whatever. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried the same thing with CBCS. Thanks for all the accuracy - you are real "ass"et to this thread. Nice try though and thanks for telling the whole story :lol:


It was Eddie that I bought from. He sent me a message via eBay and listed his name. It is Eddie that I believe didn't ship the book because it sold to cheap - something two other buyers say in the feedback. And Eddie that in recent feedback that stands accused of shilling his auctions.

I actually told "Eddie" that it didn't really matter to me what Vault graded book he sent me, I just wanted to see the holder and get a idea of what a NM/better Vault graded book looked like. So send me anything. He then messaged me and said the PO had found my book and I'd be getting it soon. Which I never did of course. The USPS website shows to this day that the tracking number's status is "electronically notified". They never got the book.

I don't see how Gianni Amato selling the business affects the accuracy of anything having been said. Comicart1 is the owner of Vault Grading, he sells books he graded himself on eBay and there are buyers feedback complaints of shill bidding and not shipping items that sell to cheap. I should have left negative but since his Ms Marvel 1 sold for $10 nearly all of his auctions have been BIN (or shilled)

The conspiracy theory that the CGC mods made up all negative comments on the Collector Society Message boards is just silly.


You are obviously missing the whole point and you still don't get it that "Comicart1" is not the owner of Vault Grading according to the CGC site. That is the joke about the CGC thread and it basically sabotaged itself. You should re-read it (unless of course the mods deleted that part which they admit to doing). Regarding the CGC invented comments - it is not silly at all- they are trying (but failing miserably BTW) to do the same thing to CBCS. I used to get my books graded by CGC but dont' anymore. I use Vault and CBCS exclusively. That is also why i like this forum - the mods aren't beholden to any company and don't delete posts that they find inconvenient.


The Collector Society message boards are not the same thing as the CGC website and the posts by other people on the Collector Society message boards clearly do not always, probably not even often, represent CGC's opinions.

i really don't feel like searching the Collector Society messages, but I think you have actually not read everything that was posted up. At one point a member posted up that Vault had been sold to "Eddie" (I forget is last name) and that years ago Eddie purchased the comic book store he used to work for. Had lots of not so nice things to say about Eddie. Maybe those not so nice things were true, maybe not. But I do know how my interaction went.

So it was in fact reported on the Collector Society Message boards that Vault had been sold to Eddie. And Eddie essentially confirmed he owned Vault in our eBay exchange. What I said more exactly to him was that: I believed he owned Vault, I just wanted to see a Vault book and didn't care what I got and I would be happy if he sent me any Vault graded book instead of refunding my money. He didn't message me back and say "where did you get the crazy idea I own Vault?" Instead he said "the PO found your book - so you'll be getting it soon".

And I've already said how getting the book never happened
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby avengers55 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:34 am

IronMan wrote:
avengers55 wrote:
IronMan wrote:
avengers55 wrote:ummm... all this came right off the CGC boards. It is pretty convenient the poster forgot to include the rest of the story :lol:

the rest of the story is that the "gianni amato" guy sold the comic book stores/business to someone else named "Ed" or "Eddie" or something who was later found out to be the "comicart1" handle. So "Gianni Amato" is not "comicart1" as previously stated. The entire CBC post was immediately invalidated and proved to be a sham (possibly invented and manufactured by the CGC mods but who knows). The poster on this board must be one of those guys who tried to say that Vault was a scam or whatever. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried the same thing with CBCS. Thanks for all the accuracy - you are real "ass"et to this thread. Nice try though and thanks for telling the whole story :lol:


It was Eddie that I bought from. He sent me a message via eBay and listed his name. It is Eddie that I believe didn't ship the book because it sold to cheap - something two other buyers say in the feedback. And Eddie that in recent feedback that stands accused of shilling his auctions.

I actually told "Eddie" that it didn't really matter to me what Vault graded book he sent me, I just wanted to see the holder and get a idea of what a NM/better Vault graded book looked like. So send me anything. He then messaged me and said the PO had found my book and I'd be getting it soon. Which I never did of course. The USPS website shows to this day that the tracking number's status is "electronically notified". They never got the book.

I don't see how Gianni Amato selling the business affects the accuracy of anything having been said. Comicart1 is the owner of Vault Grading, he sells books he graded himself on eBay and there are buyers feedback complaints of shill bidding and not shipping items that sell to cheap. I should have left negative but since his Ms Marvel 1 sold for $10 nearly all of his auctions have been BIN (or shilled)

The conspiracy theory that the CGC mods made up all negative comments on the Collector Society Message boards is just silly.


You are obviously missing the whole point and you still don't get it that "Comicart1" is not the owner of Vault Grading according to the CGC site. That is the joke about the CGC thread and it basically sabotaged itself. You should re-read it (unless of course the mods deleted that part which they admit to doing). Regarding the CGC invented comments - it is not silly at all- they are trying (but failing miserably BTW) to do the same thing to CBCS. I used to get my books graded by CGC but dont' anymore. I use Vault and CBCS exclusively. That is also why i like this forum - the mods aren't beholden to any company and don't delete posts that they find inconvenient.


The Collector Society message boards are not the same thing as the CGC website and the posts by other people on the Collector Society message boards clearly do not always, probably not even often, represent CGC's opinions.

i really don't feel like searching the Collector Society messages, but I think you have actually not read everything that was posted up. At one point a member posted up that Vault had been sold to "Eddie" (I forget is last name) and that years ago Eddie purchased the comic book store he used to work for. Had lots of not so nice things to say about Eddie. Maybe those not so nice things were true, maybe not. But I do know how my interaction went.

So it was in fact reported on the Collector Society Message boards that Vault had been sold to Eddie. And Eddie essentially confirmed he owned Vault in our eBay exchange. What I said more exactly to him was that: I believed he owned Vault, I just wanted to see a Vault book and didn't care what I got and I would be happy if he sent me any Vault graded book instead of refunding my money. He didn't message me back and say "where did you get the crazy idea I own Vault?" Instead he said "the PO found your book - so you'll be getting it soon".

And I've already said how getting the book never happened



This is right off the CGC site. I even posted the link so you could see for yourself. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about or have little to no reading comprehension skills - i hope it is the former. :roll:

Oh and thanks for your in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of CGC - :lol:

FROM CGC SITE:

"Im new to the thread and read these posts. I used to work at a comic books/novelty store in NYC owned by Gianni Amato. I never met him but know that he was a hedge fund guy in NYC and then opened other businesses including a comic related art gallery in Williamson and other stores that sold comics. He sold the stores i worked at to a guy named Eddie Berlin last Sept.. Ed Berlin is a total POS. I quit a month after that guy took over the stores because he was a total scumbag. I read the mail posted by comicart1 and that is definitely Eddie Berlin - he talks just like he writes. "

Here is the link in case you actually want to read it and then formulate an opinion based on fact - or of course you can just keep inventing stuff up - :thumbsup2:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ub ... er=7419419

User avatar
Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm
Location: Terrapin Station

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Tom473 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 am

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm
Location: Terrapin Station

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Tom473 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:29 am

Q: Why does Vault charge $55.00 for grader's notes? :lol3:

http://vaultgrading.com/getitgraded/pro ... k-grading/
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby sniderwj » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Poster earlier...

Haven't seen anything type of response from our resident Vault expert

sniderwj wrote:
avengers55 wrote:
sniderwj wrote:I think a good question would be:

Why the concentration on bronze, copper, and modern books? The legal page says that no platinum, gold, or silver age books are graded while the Comic Book Grading page says "we grade Silver Age too".

I would add a caveat to the why it would be helpful to know more about the company and who is doing the grading: Vault is asking $55 for Grader's Notes. For me that is pretty steep for something that is cheaper/free from other services. Why would I get Grader's Notes from Vault over another service?



I asked this question too when i called them. Online graders' notes are free when you grade a comic. The $55 graders notes are a PDF file that has a picture of every page of the comic and is super detailed discussing each and every flaw of the book. These are used mostly for insurance companies when they insure private property. If you have comics you insure (most do not fall under standard homeowners or renters insurance policies so $55 bucks is a hell of a lot cheaper than a professional appraisal from an "art expert". Those can run you hundreds of dollars. If you dont have high value books that you dont want to insure - probably not worth the cash.

Ok.. then maybe their website needs to be updated..
Vault Website wrote:READING COPY

Vault Reading Copies are available as an additional service for an additional fee. Your books are carefully scanned in an overhead scanning system that minimizes handling prior to grading and encapsulation. High resolution copies are sent to customers in PDF format.

DETAILED GRADERS NOTES

Vault Grader Notes are offered as an additional service. Detailed graders notes provide customers with specific details that help explain how the comic book grades were derived.


The description of Graders Notes doesn't mention a PDF while reading copy does.

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby avengers55 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Tom473 wrote:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7346533#Post7346533


Tks for this link it adds to the evidence - i dont know how i missed it on the CGC site. This offers even more proof that comicart1 and ginniamato2 are not the same. The Ebay ID changed Aug22 and the CGC poster wrote that the comic book stores ("NOT Vault Grading" were sold in Sept. to Ed Berlin.

Iron man where do you get the information that prompted you to write this?

"i really don't feel like searching the Collector Society messages -, but I think you have actually not read everything that was posted up (yes i did - you didn't) :thumbsup2: . At one point a member posted up that Vault had been sold to "Eddie" :lol:

User avatar
Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm
Location: Terrapin Station

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Tom473 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Actually it proves they are one in the same. Amato was still a Vault partner at the time. The Eddie comment was made by a Vault shill, just like you. Vault is and will always be a joke.
Image
Image
Image

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby avengers55 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Tom473 wrote:Actually it proves they are one in the same. Amato was still a Vault partner at the time. The Eddie comment was made by a Vault shill, just like you. Vault is and will always be a joke.



Yeah - didnt read that on the CGC site and on the contrary it obviously proves they are not the same. I know it is tough for you when facts get in the way of your BS stories. I'm not a shill - i just prefer Vault and CBCS to the other grading co's - oh and i read what is written before i post nonsense. I guess you like CGC? All of your "CGC competitive sets" listed must make you super proud. :winnah:

:lol:

User avatar
Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm
Location: Terrapin Station

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Tom473 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:11 pm

:lol4: Explain Vault $55.00 grader notes avengers55, or should we dispense with any illusion Gianni :poke2:
Last edited by Tom473 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm
Location: Terrapin Station

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Tom473 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:30 pm

avengers55 wrote:
Tom473 wrote:Actually it proves they are one in the same. Amato was still a Vault partner at the time. The Eddie comment was made by a Vault shill, just like you. Vault is and will always be a joke.



Yeah - didnt read that on the CGC site and on the contrary it obviously proves they are not the same. I know it is tough for you when facts get in the way of your BS stories. I'm not a shill - i just prefer Vault and CBCS to the other grading co's - oh and i read what is written before i post nonsense. I guess you like CGC? All of your "CGC competitive sets" listed must make you super proud. :winnah:

:lol:


Let me get this straight. You prefer the most expensive AND the least expensive grading alternatives, yeah right. You prefer CBCS that charges nothing for graders notes, AND Vault that charges $55.00 for graders notes. do you really expect anyone to take you seriously? You prefer a company that gives tours of their facility and divulges the identities of all graders! With over 100 years of combined grading experience (CBCS) AND a company that refuses to identify any graders (but admits only15 years of experience, which they thought was significant :lol4: ) and grades comics in a dudes apartment in New York. You're a moron, and your company is a laughing stock, case closed.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Evansville, IN
Contact:

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby IronMan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Avengers55. Lets back up a bit. I understand you seem happy with the books you have had graded by Vault and their service. You seem to think the attacks on Vault are unfair. The Collector Society forum thread you point to is almost 90 pages long and like all long Comic General threads just wanders all over the place. Comicart1's sale of the Batman Adventures 12 is what started that (Jan 11, 2014) thread. For the sake of argument, let us agree that some of the things said on the thread aren't accurate.

How about you clear the water? You seem to know a lot about Vault. Who do you think is the current owner of Vault? Is it Eddie Berlin? We know for sure Eddie Berlin is comicart1 on eBay and we know for sure Comicart1 sells Vault slabs and was one of the earliest sellers doing so (again that Batman Advs 12 from Jan 2014 that btw was clearly heavily shilled) We also know there have been multiple complaints of items that sell to cheaply not getting shipped (in some cases even relisted later) and of shill bidding. Add to this my first hand account of dealing with Comicart1.

They are also more expensive than anyone else. Why do you think Vault is a great company to do business with in light of all this?

And please, mind your manners. The insulting comments are getting old. I've not insulted you. :flowery:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

User avatar
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1356
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: 707 Bay Area

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:49 am

IronMan wrote:And please, mind your manners. The insulting comments are getting old. I've not insulted you. :flowery:


And just to add... lets also step away from calling each other shills... as far as I can tell avenger55 is not shill after reviewing his IP's and email address...
- Jason

User avatar
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am
Location: In the not too distant future...

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:55 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
IronMan wrote:And please, mind your manners. The insulting comments are getting old. I've not insulted you. :flowery:


And just to add... lets also step away from calling each other shills... as far as I can tell avenger55 is not shill after reviewing his IP's and email address...


That's not the kind of shill I'm talking about, I'm talking about the original, pre-Ebay definition:

"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others."

That's Avenger55 to a T!
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby avengers55 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:04 am

And please, mind your manners. The insulting comments are getting old. I've not insulted you. :flowery:[/quote]


Yes fair. I am passionate about this hobby as are all of you so yes, please excuse my somewhat discourteous behavior. :oops:

I do not believe Eddie or Ed or Edward Berlin owns Vault. My theory is that gianniamato2/Gianni Amato sold a comic book business that included the ebay accounts based on what i've read on CGC. Sure - lets say all of the CGC stuff is true or false or somewhere in between. We also know that Gianni Amato's name appears on the incorporation statements not Eddie Berlin. Also Vault started -according to their site - after the alleged selling of the "other" comic book businesses -whatever they were. What i do not think si that Eddie Berlin is associated with Vault. I dont see any evidence for that yet.

User avatar
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1356
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: 707 Bay Area

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:
IronMan wrote:And please, mind your manners. The insulting comments are getting old. I've not insulted you. :flowery:


And just to add... lets also step away from calling each other shills... as far as I can tell avenger55 is not shill after reviewing his IP's and email address...


That's not the kind of shill I'm talking about, I'm talking about the original, pre-Ebay definition:

"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others."

That's Avenger55 to a T!


You ever think that maybe he actually like Vault and what is wrong with him actually defending a company that he likes? As long as he doesn't work for Vault I don't see anything wrong with him having an opinion that he prefers Vault... all I am saying is lets stop calling each other a shill to get a rise out of someone and stick to the facts... he probably won't be the only person who likes Vault... people are buying there slabs...
- Jason

User avatar
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am
Location: In the not too distant future...

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:
IronMan wrote:And please, mind your manners. The insulting comments are getting old. I've not insulted you. :flowery:


And just to add... lets also step away from calling each other shills... as far as I can tell avenger55 is not shill after reviewing his IP's and email address...


That's not the kind of shill I'm talking about, I'm talking about the original, pre-Ebay definition:

"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others."

That's Avenger55 to a T!


You ever think that maybe he actually like Vault and what is wrong with him actually defending a company that he likes?


Have you read his posts?

As long as he doesn't work for Vault


You have proof he doesn't work for Vault?

I don't see anything wrong with him having an opinion that he prefers Vault... all I am saying is lets stop calling each other a shill


My definition is spot on. Maybe then, how about the word "stump"? He's stumping for Vault, no? I'll call him a stump instead of a shill, to differentiate it from the bidding type of shill.

to get a rise out of someone and stick to the facts


The only facts I know about Vault are from the CGC threads. Maybe you noticed that Vault doesn't like to supply facts? I'd be happy to change my tune if Vault would supply some actual facts.

... he probably won't be the only person who likes Vault... people are buying there slabs...


I welcome them in, if only to show by comparison that Avengers55 is way too "enthusiastic".
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

User avatar
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1356
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: 707 Bay Area

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:Have you read his posts?


At this time I read almost every post here...

Stu_Pidman wrote:You have proof he doesn't work for Vault?

Other then a search of his IP not even being in the same State was Vault and a Google of his email address and username doesn't pull up anything connected with Vault... no. Do you?

Stu_Pidman wrote:My definition is spot on. Maybe then, how about the word "stump"? He's stumping for Vault, no? I'll call him a stump instead of a shill, to differentiate it from the bidding type of shill.

The only facts I know about Vault are from the CGC threads. Maybe you noticed that Vault doesn't like to supply facts? I'd be happy to change my tune if Vault would supply some actual facts. I welcome them in, if only to show by comparison that Avengers55 is way too "enthusiastic".


I am not defending Vault or avenger55... what I am doing here is trying to keep a conversation going without having to result in name calling... he is calling everyone else a shill... everyone else is calling him a shill... what does any of that have to do with Vault other then to get a rise out of each other and end up getting a thread locked? Why not stick to the topic?
- Jason

User avatar
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am
Location: In the not too distant future...

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:54 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:You have proof he doesn't work for Vault?

Other then a search of his IP...


There are a million free proxies out there, I should know. Here's a good one for the USA: http://www.proxylister.org/us-proxies-by-state.php. What state do you want me to be from?

If someone can prove Avengers55 doesn't work for Vault, please let us know!

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:My definition is spot on. Maybe then, how about the word "stump"? He's stumping for Vault, no? I'll call him a stump instead of a shill, to differentiate it from the bidding type of shill.

The only facts I know about Vault are from the CGC threads. Maybe you noticed that Vault doesn't like to supply facts? I'd be happy to change my tune if Vault would supply some actual facts. I welcome them in, if only to show by comparison that Avengers55 is way too "enthusiastic".


I am not defending Vault or avenger55... what I am doing here is trying to keep a conversation going without having to result in name calling... he is calling everyone else a shill... everyone else is calling him a shill... what does any of that have to do with Vault other then to get a rise out of each other and end up getting a thread locked? Why not stick to the topic?


You're probably right, Avengers55 is such a stumper that I don't have to call attention to it. It's just fun to do; plus, in the process, the stumper usually slips up at some point. That's when it really gets fun. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup2:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

User avatar
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1356
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: 707 Bay Area

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:19 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:You have proof he doesn't work for Vault?

Other then a search of his IP...


There are a million free proxies out there, I should know. Here's a good one for the USA: http://www.proxylister.org/us-proxies-by-state.php. What state do you want me to be from?

If someone can prove Avengers55 doesn't work for Vault, please let us know!


:lol: Stu you and I can go back and forth with if he is, or not... truth is neither you nor I, can prove it at this time one way or another... all I am asking is that both of you to please just stop and get back to topic...
- Jason

User avatar
IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Evansville, IN
Contact:

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby IronMan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:21 am

omicart1 (Eddie Berlin) was one of the first people to sell Vault graded books. But in my mind, the most telling "clue" is that I emailed Eddie via eBay messages and said "I believe you own Vault, I don't really care what book I get I just want to see a Vault slabbed book to see if I want to use your service so send me any Vault graded book" Eddie did not email back and say he didn't own Vault. He emailed back and said "the post office found your book". Which of course the post office had not because they never received it in the first place.

Just a few more points I'd like to make:

+1 to Prophet_DNA's comments. I appreciate what has been said, done and not done. Avengers55 has said "sorry" for coming on a bit strong which is plenty good enough. Let's not let this forum turn into the hive=mind mentality that existed at the CS forums where stating an unpopular opinion resulted in name calling.

At this time I cannot provide any "proof" past what has already been said that Eddie Berlin owns Vault. Which I think is a fairly convincing trail of bread crumbs, but not court of law proof.

I want to say again the CCG message boards clearly don't reflect CGC's opinions. Note the difference - the CCG message boards cover coins/currency as well as comics and are run by the PARENT company - CCG. Vault got slammed by the Collector Society message boards because of obvious shady dealings and outrageous claims right out of the gate. The board members responses to CBCS have been overwhelming positive - so much so the mods removed such threads and issued a statement that future such threads would be removed and those starting them possibly suspended. Clearly their official moderation policy is to allow criticism of competitors but not praise. That's self serving and likely short sighted, but it doesn't at all look to be an orchestrated by CCG conspiracy.

And to be fair, I would point out that it is difficult to "prove" a negative. So I'm not sure what Avengers55 could do that would prove he doesn't work for Vault. It's America you know, the person making accusations is expected to prove their accusations.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

User avatar
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 am
Location: In the not too distant future...

Re: Vault Participation on the CBF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:26 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:You have proof he doesn't work for Vault?

Other then a search of his IP...


There are a million free proxies out there, I should know. Here's a good one for the USA: http://www.proxylister.org/us-proxies-by-state.php. What state do you want me to be from?

If someone can prove Avengers55 doesn't work for Vault, please let us know!


:lol: Stu you and I can go back and forth with if he is, or not... truth is neither you nor I, can prove it at this time one way or another... all I am asking is that both of you to please just stop and get back to topic...


I thought proving Avengers55 worked/stumped for Vault was on-topic. We've got to get some of the better CGC detectives over here for this kind of stuff.

Oh well, no problem, carry on...

PS - Avengers55, I'm still waiting for you to start your own thread and show off all the Vault books you own!
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?


Return to “Other Grading Companies”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest