Does Vault has a Chance with their Sig Series?

Discuss Halo or any other third party comic book grading company here.
999ghosts
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Does Vault has a Chance with their Sig Series?

Postby 999ghosts » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:54 pm

So they offer a whole new way of sig verification.

Do they stand a chance with the options they have.

I don't have a problem with third party sigs and don't get way CGC would not accept them from companies like Dynamic Forces (they could work out a deal). But the option affidavit or forensic. How much of these would you thrust? There are enough raw signed books that could be proven to be legit.

Or will their signature offering stand no chance at all.

Just wondering

Earn me some $$$ on MyComics Affiliate Program... Thank you!

tjanse
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Does Vault has a Chance with their Sig Series?

Postby tjanse » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Just like evidence from a police crime scene. You need a chain of evidence. Cgc can track from start to finish In whose hands it has passed through. No hiccups no well yea it's Stan's sig but well you know. It's black and white with cgc no room for error. I think others should follow same route.

SquareChaos
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby SquareChaos » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I think the CGC signature series is just a business model masquerading as security. I dislike it - I'd rather they didn't comment on signatures one way or the other if they want to take the high road. Ignore them, leave it up to the buyer and seller to decide.

Chris S.
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Chris S. » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 am

What is Vault's signature verification method?

Does anyone have a Vault slab?

tjanse
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby tjanse » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am

I have only seen vault slabs on eBay

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby avengers55 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:40 am

999ghosts wrote:So they offer a whole new way of sig verification.

I don't have a problem with third party sigs and don't get way CGC would not accept them from companies like Dynamic Forces (they could work out a deal). But the option affidavit or forensic. How much of these would you thrust? There are enough raw signed books that could be proven to be legit.

Just wondering

I guess so as CBCS just copied what Vault was offering. CBCS also took a page out of the Vault book with PDF copies and online graders notes... hmm. The big loser will hopefully be the Sig Series by CGC. I've never liked that only they coudl witness a signature - that always smelled fishy to me. I send dynamic forces copies to vault and they were verified all the same. Good for the collectors that Vault and CBCS offer this service.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 am

avengers55 wrote:
999ghosts wrote:So they offer a whole new way of sig verification.

Just wondering

I guess so as CBCS just copied what Vault was offering. CBCS also took a page out of the Vault book with PDF copies and online graders notes... hmm. The big loser will hopefully be the Sig Series by CGC. I've never liked that only they coudl witness a signature - that always smelled fishy to me.

Man, you are a real piece of work. At least use some logic with your Kool Aid fueled posts. You don't like CGC's Sig Series because they have a live, accredited person verify the sig is 100% real? That's fishy? :lol: :lol:

I've never liked that only they coudl witness a signature - that always smelled fishy to me.

You mean you don't like the fact that CGC won't witness signatures for other grading companies? :lol: :lol:

I send dynamic forces copies to vault and they were verified all the same. Good for the collectors that Vault and CBCS offer this service.

Who does Vault use to identify the sigs, the same reputable company that CBCS uses? Or are the mystery employees doing it themselves?
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:14 am

Doubt that it is the same company

csacomics.com wrote:CSA Comics LLC is a signature authentication company that exclusively authenticates comic book signatures for CBCS Comics, INC

avengers55
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby avengers55 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 pm

sniderwj wrote:Doubt that it is the same company

csacomics.com wrote:CSA Comics LLC is a signature authentication company that exclusively authenticates comic book signatures for CBCS Comics, INC

That doesn't make any sense. You have misinterpreted the quote. CBCS uses CSA exclusively - i.e. when you submit to CBCS with a signature they will engage CSA to authenticate it. CSA does not work only for CBCS though. I.e. you and i and anyone else - likely Vault Grading - can submit books to CSA too for sig authentication. They won't turn away non-CBCS business obviously.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm

avengers55 wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. You have misinterpreted the quote. CBCS uses CSA exclusively - i.e. when you submit to CBCS with a signature they will engage CSA to authenticate it. CSA does not work only for CBCS though. I.e. you and i and anyone else - likely Vault Grading - can submit books to CSA too for sig authentication. They won't turn away non-CBCS business obviously.

I could be wrong.. but when you go to CSA's site there is only mention of CBCS. http://csacomics.com/cbcsservices.htm is VERY CBCS heavy. With those bits it sounded more like CSA was only doing authentications for CBCS. The Events/Shows link goes to CBCS directly. There isn't a Contact Us page it is a Contact CBCS. Granted it looks like a new site that needs some work done so more could be added as the business is matured over the next few months.

I'm sure DiceX could square us away.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:03 pm

avengers55 wrote:

I thought it meant that CBCS is the only slabbing company CSA will work with :hmmm:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

kingcomic
Cameo
Cameo

Postby kingcomic » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:
avengers55 wrote:

I thought it meant that CBCS is the only slabbing company CSA will work with :hmmm:

maybe just the opposite - CSA is the only authentication company CBCS will work with. Either way i'm happy CSA is in the game. They are three brothers who collect comics. They dont have any special skills or experience but they've seen enough sigs to know what is right and what is not

Return to “Other Grading Companies”