Sniderwj's First Submission

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Sniderwj's First Submission

Postby sniderwj » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:40 am

Submitted one book to the Modern Tier. I know, I know, big spender!
Figured I'd track here to let everyone know..

• Package Sent: Sept 5th
  • Plastics Issue Announced: Sept 5th
  • Package Delivered: Sept 8th
  • In Safe: Sept 11th
  • Grading: Dec 12th
  • Encapsulation: Jan 5th
  • Shipped: Jan 19th*

*I asked CBCS to hold shipping my book as I was out of town for a week.
Last edited by sniderwj on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pepto-Bismol

Re: Sniderwj's First Submission

Postby Pepto-Bismol » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 am

sniderwj wrote:Submitted one book to the Modern Tier. I know, I know, big spender!

• In Safe: Sept 11

It shouldn't take 3 days for a delivered package to be put in the safe. I understand they are swamped right now but putting submissions into the safe right away should be first priority. Where was this package for 3 days? Were packages stacked up along the hallways where they could be accidentally kicked or even stolen by anyone who walked by?

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:01 am

Pepto-Bismol wrote:
sniderwj wrote:Submitted one book to the Modern Tier. I know, I know, big spender!

It shouldn't take 3 days for a delivered package to be put in the safe. I understand they are swamped right now but putting submissions into the safe right away should be first priority. Where was this package for 3 days? Were packages stacked up along the hallways where they could be accidentally kicked or even stolen by anyone who walked by?

All books are locked up in the safe overnight. Packages that have not been opened yet, have not been checked in yet, so their status cannot change. Unopened packages, no matter how many books are in them, are locked up in the safe until the receiver has a chance to open them and enter them into the system. Once they're entered into the system, the status will change to "In Safe."

If we have your books, I assure you they're in the safe. :thumbsup2:

Pepto-Bismol

Postby Pepto-Bismol » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:23 pm

DiceX wrote:
Pepto-Bismol wrote:

All books are locked up in the safe overnight. Packages that have not been opened yet, have not been checked in yet, so their status cannot change. Unopened packages, no matter how many books are in them, are locked up in the safe until the receiver has a chance to open them and enter them into the system. Once they're entered into the system, the status will change to "In Safe."

Thank you for clarifying that so quickly. :)

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 am

DiceX wrote:
Pepto-Bismol wrote:

I figured as much. I wouldn't have expected my book to be checked in right away. Even though I would like to think it took them three days to unwrap my book. But I don't think I packed it that OCDish.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:58 am

No movement yet on the submission. Still says In Safe. I'm sure they will start knocking the submissions out once more of the plastics come in.

Number 6
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Number 6 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm

sniderwj wrote:No movement yet on the submission. Still says In Safe. I'm sure they will start knocking the submissions out once more of the plastics come in.

I'm in the same boat. My Modern submission has been "In Safe" for 15+ business days. I was under the impression that they would keep grading while they waited for the plastic to arrive.

It's possible that the delay in grading is due to being slammed with submissions. The up-side of that is it could be taken as an indicator of success. The down-side is that if this level of submissions is the new normal, we may see the TAT increase in the near future.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Just hit 2 months In Safe

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:20 pm

I would love to be a CBCS grader, but not the Modern Era. Modern books are a no-brainer to grade, but there is so much drek-knowledge that a MA grader needs to know (variants, this and that, this and that) I'm not surprised that the Modern submissions are running behind. And CBCS announced they are needing more MA graders.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:04 am

Yeah and that MA is really a big age of speculation. Find something that is a low print run or the next TWD. Buy and encapsulate everything you can hoping that it becomes a hit. Most of what I see over on Facebook are people that are Fast Tracking the book and getting them in and out in October. I'm sure you need to fast track an order to be viable in selling modern books.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Just hit 3 months on the 2nd. I'm a patient guy.. I just finished waiting over a year for my security clearance to finish up... CBCS can't be THAT bad :twisted:

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 pm

What book did you submit if I might ask?

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:40 pm

It was Rocket Raccoon #1 Loot Crate variant.. it was a free book through Loot Crate. I've got the Walking Dead #136 Loot Crate variant that I'm waiting on sending in after they get their TATs back in order

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:18 pm

And Movement!

Just got the e-mail that the book is now in Grading status. Updated the original post..added when the plastics issue was announced

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:30 am

Movement is good. I'm starting to see some progress too.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:37 am

Just got the encapsulation message and my grade and I'm pretty happy.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:50 pm

My book is on its way! Got the notification that it was shipped. I was out of town last week so I actually asked them to hold the book for a few days. The responded quickly and were able to hold it with out any problem.

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”