Re: CBCS talk

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
MagnetoWasRight
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby MagnetoWasRight » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:04 am

IronMan wrote:
MagnetoWasRight wrote:My wife just called my office and informed me that I've got a box waiting for me at home, my first CBCS submissions have arrived. I'm so tempted to take a half day. :lol:

Your post sounds like you are coming down with something. You would be doing everyone at work a favor if you left for the day so you don't infect anyone else. :thumbsup2:

*cough* *cough* I like the way you think. :mrgreen:

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:51 am

MagnetoWasRight wrote:
IronMan wrote:
MagnetoWasRight wrote:My wife just called my office and informed me that I've got a box waiting for me at home, my first CBCS submissions have arrived. I'm so tempted to take a half day. :lol:

Your post sounds like you are coming down with something. You would be doing everyone at work a favor if you left for the day so you don't infect anyone else. :thumbsup2:

*cough* *cough* I like the way you think. :mrgreen:

And when you start feeling well enough, please post some pics. 8-)

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:50 am

So far CBCS has been killing CGC on values realized on key sales, this will be another one to watch (a little over 2 hours to go on a Hulk 181 9.4):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1310464702

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Tom473 wrote:So far CBCS has been killing CGC on values realized on key sales, this will be another one to watch (a little over 2 hours to go on a Hulk 181 9.4):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1310464702

No record set, but $243 over the 12 month GPA average and $150 above the 90 day GPA average. Those numbers are ones any seller should be happy with.

GPA is going to have to find a way to track CBCS sales in the next year if they want to remain relevant.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

DrWatson
Sidekick
Sidekick
Location: I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be...

Postby DrWatson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 am

GoCollect will out distance GPA in no time if GPA doesn't start applying some of the same features. If they aren't careful, GPA will become the Overstreet Price Guide of the future trying to claw its way to relativity.

Designer Toast
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Designer Toast » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 pm

I just got back from the Portland area after venturing across into Washington to my pal's comic shop, I Like Comics. He has an entire display case stacked three shelves high full of CBCS books. He says he has sold them for more than CGC slabs have brought and has surpassed some GPA sales of CGC books of the same grade.

He also told me the turnaround time was fast and he has been extremely happy with their service. CBCS will be in Portland, Oregon this month at the Rose City show. I wasgoing to send some stuff in but think I'll sub at the show instead since they'll be set up right across from me.

Oh, and they'll be set up two rows down from PGX :lol:
[url=http://www.comicsafari.com]My online store![/url
CBCS and CGC authorized dealer

The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct.

If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down.

It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.

Nothing screams dumb and insecure more than wearing a hat all the time because you're going bald. Man up and dump the vanity act.

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Designer Toast wrote:I just got back from the Portland area after venturing across into Washington to my pal's comic shop, I Like Comics. He has an entire display case stacked three shelves high full of CBCS books. He says he has sold them for more than CGC slabs have brought and has surpassed some GPA sales of CGC books of the same grade.

He also told me the turnaround time was fast and he has been extremely happy with their service. CBCS will be in Portland, Oregon this month at the Rose City show. I wasgoing to send some stuff in but think I'll sub at the show instead since they'll be set up right across from me.

Might be a lonely booth for PGX, IDK. Let us know!

Toast is here!!! I always enjoyed your posts on that other chat board. Good to see ya! :flowery:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF

timern
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby timern » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Designer Toast wrote:I just got back from the Portland area after venturing across into Washington to my pal's comic shop, I Like Comics. He has an entire display case stacked three shelves high full of CBCS books. He says he has sold them for more than CGC slabs have brought and has surpassed some GPA sales of CGC books of the same grade.

Hey Toast! Please let us know how the Rose City show goes. In the Comic Events thread we have a spot reserved for some pictures and correspondence if you're interested? Here's the link.

Rose City Comic Con
- Tim
:horse: Image

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:08 am

timern wrote:

Hey Toast! Please let us know how the Rose City show goes. In the Comic Events thread we have a spot reserved for some pictures and correspondence if you're interested? Here's the link.

Rose City Comic Con

+1 Toast. This should be fun. :thumbsup2:

Anhdeptrai
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Anhdeptrai » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:35 am

Hello DiceX,

Hope you can help me with this question, I know CGC doesn't grade Museum Edition book, does CBCS grade them? The old Jay Company Museum edition with overhang outer cover. Thanks!

beaumonts
Cameo
Cameo

Postby beaumonts » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:38 am

I think CBCS is really doing themselves a disservice by not having there own forum up and running. There forum would help with the sales of CBCS graded comics via the "marketplace" part of the forum.

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:28 pm

beaumonts wrote:I think CBCS is really doing themselves a disservice by not having there own forum up and running. There forum would help with the sales of CBCS graded comics via the "marketplace" part of the forum.

I'd like to see the forum up too. But the IOT staff clearly have much more important things to get working right first.

My CAF

Versatile
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Versatile » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but here goes.
Steve Borock stated today that the new plastics have begun to arrive, first shipment arrived today. More shipment, including other sizes, will continue to arrive every one to two weeks. Yay!

Timely
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Timely » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:39 am

beaumonts wrote:I think CBCS is really doing themselves a disservice by not having there own forum up and running. There forum would help with the sales of CBCS graded comics via the "marketplace" part of the forum.

A forum is in the works! :thumbsup2:

West

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:52 am

Timely wrote:

West

Can't wait! :P Hope to see my buddies Chris S, Roy, and Conditionfreak over there :popcorn:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Pepto-Bismol

Postby Pepto-Bismol » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:08 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Timely wrote:

West

Can't wait! :P Hope to see my buddies Chris S, Roy, and Conditionfreak over there :popcorn:

:lol:

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:16 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Timely wrote:

West

You might even see two or three of them, initially
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

lscomics
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby lscomics » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:54 am

DrWatson wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:
avengers55 wrote:So CBCS participates in chat boards?

CBCS has a couple of reps here I think...

Dice is the only official CBCS employee here, I believe.
I'm here occasionally too. Although I just officially started September 24th. :hi1:

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:08 am

lscomics wrote:
DrWatson wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

I'm here occasionally too. Although I just officially started September 24th. :hi1:

You work for CBCS too? The user Timely is also a grader for CBCS here... I think he is one of the head graders...
- Jason

lscomics
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby lscomics » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:54 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
lscomics wrote:
DrWatson wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

You work for CBCS too? The user Timely is also a grader for CBCS here... I think he is one of the head graders...
I do indeed. I'm at home in Indiana at the moment getting some loose ends tied up but I'll be back in Florida grading books soon. :thumbsup2:

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:34 am

Whoever you are, you're included in the 20 photos on Yahoo's home page for the 2014 NYCC.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
lscomics wrote:
DrWatson wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

West better be one of the head graders, or his talents are wasted! :P
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:29 am

Sleemo wrote:Whoever you are, you're included in the 20 photos on Yahoo's home page for the 2014 NYCC.

LScomics = Lee's Comics, if that's what you're wondering.

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:02 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:
lscomics wrote:
DrWatson wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

West better be one of the head graders, or his talents are wasted! :P

West is THE head grader.

lscomics
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby lscomics » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Sleemo wrote:Whoever you are, you're included in the 20 photos on Yahoo's home page for the 2014 NYCC.

LScomics = Lee's Comics, if that's what you're wondering.
Um... that's not at all right. lscomics is short for Lake Shore Comics which is the name I've been using since I got into the hobby. I'm not very well known outside of the Midwest (Indiana, Illinois, Michigan area) being that until now I pretty much stuck close to home. :thumbsup2:

You won't see me in the pics from NY, I'm not there. I had to come back to Indiana this week to tie up some loose ends before going back to Florida. :disappear:

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”