Re: CBCS talk

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 am

Hey Steve... quick question... do you guys not charge the credit card until the book starts getting graded?

- Jason

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:Hey Steve... quick question... do you guys not charge the credit card until the book starts getting graded?

On credit card payments, charges are not made until the book has been finalized.

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:56 am

DiceX wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:Hey Steve... quick question... do you guys not charge the credit card until the book starts getting graded?

On credit card payments, charges are not made until the book has been finalized.

Okay cool! Another pro I like about CBCS... that alone reduces the risk of double and even triple charges I have heard CGC makes...
- Jason

electricprune
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby electricprune » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:09 pm

electricprune wrote:
DiceX wrote:
electricprune wrote:
DiceX wrote:
avengers55 wrote:So CBCS participates in chat boards?

When time permits. We're so buried with work that we don't have much time for chat, but I try to get a peek at what's being said every now and then.
:flowery:

Hey Dice, does CBCS have a status update already in place? Or, will the status go from "In Safe" to "Shipped"? I didn't see that information anywhere.

Congrats on your new gig!

Do you mean a chart showing the status updates and what they mean?
I don't think there is one but that's a good idea. We'll eventually get one up but we have a lot on our plate right now.
We'll get to it as soon as we can. :thumbsup2:

Yes, a chart would be cool. Does the site already update with something like:

1. In Safe
2. Processed
3. In queue for grading
4. Graded
5. QC
6. Shipped
?

If it does, all you'd need is the chart showing all the steps it goes through. Thanks!

One of mine has moved to "Grading". :banana3:

Number 6
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Number 6 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Heronext wrote:"Eventually, you will see a major, legitimate competitor for CGC. That will open up the market and, as long as whoever it will be is truly expert, impartial and honest, it will not hurt the market at all."

- Steve Borock, c. 2004-5

Here is the interview with Steve: http://stlcomics.com/columns/ironslab/IV/

Interesting quote! There's no date on the interview but he mentions CGC has graded a half million comics so I'm guessing around 2004?

I really hope Steve is serious about that sentiment.

When the news about CBCS first leaked, I remember one of the theories that was floated was that if CBCS became successful CGC would just buy them out and roll it into their enterprise. I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't have anything against CGC. I just truly believe that the competition is good for both companies.

CBCS came along at the right time for me. I've decided to have my nice books re-certified but I really wasn't looking forward to it - the expense, the long wait, etc. But now I'm actually getting excited about subbing books, I can't decide which and how many to send first.

Their fees and TATs are a breath of fresh air, it's like time-warping back to 2000.

Mark 1
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Mark 1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:55 pm

DiceX wrote:
Mark 1 wrote:A few of my books are in the gallery. The WD 1 and the Six Million Dollar Man Don Rosa Pedigree are mine.

I am very happy with how CBCS packaged the slabs and the slabs themselves are great looking. On top of that, the grading and graders notes are excellent.

I only wish I submitted more books. More to come for sure!

That Six Million Dollar Man 1 was a sweet book. I fell in love with it. :winnah:

Thanks Dice! It's a stunner and a childhood favorite show so a must have for me.

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:
KTerrell wrote:How did the Barack signature happen from back in Feb? Can I get some of my Cursed Pirate Girl comics authenticated from SDCC 2012 when I had a private signing with Jeremy Bastian at his hotel?

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll take a wild guess. The book was once in a CGC Yellow slab and was sent to CBCS?

Incorrect. The signature was obtained by a US Senator, acting as a witness for CBCS.

As for other...CBCS signature news, keep an eye on our Facebook page. You never know what might be announced.
:popcorn:

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:45 am

DiceX wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
KTerrell wrote:How did the Barack signature happen from back in Feb? Can I get some of my Cursed Pirate Girl comics authenticated from SDCC 2012 when I had a private signing with Jeremy Bastian at his hotel?

I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll take a wild guess. The book was once in a CGC Yellow slab and was sent to CBCS?

Incorrect. The signature was obtained by a US Senator, acting as a witness for CBCS.

As for other...CBCS signature news, keep an eye on our Facebook page. You never know what might be announced.
:popcorn:

oooo now it's time to work out who the Senator is and if they will be accepting submissions at the next White House Correspondents Dinner!

Heronext
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Heronext » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:30 am

To any CBCS spokesperson or knowledgeable forum member,

What is the difference between registering as a dealer and registering as a collector?

If the answer is, as I suspect, "There is no difference", then why ask this during registration?

Thanks!
http://www.heronext.com Buy | Sell | Want List | News | Collections | Galleries

http://heronext.blogspot.com Undervalued Comic Books | Collecting & Investing Discussion

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:12 am

Heronext wrote:What is the difference between registering as a dealer and registering as a collector?

A 10% discount?
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Heronext
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Heronext » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:01 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Heronext wrote:What is the difference between registering as a dealer and registering as a collector?

A 10% discount?

Well, I decided to call them directly, go figure!

Correct - dealers get some kind of discount. But there are so many who straddle the dealer/collector line that I don't know how they determine this.

Anyway - thanks Stu for piping in!
http://www.heronext.com Buy | Sell | Want List | News | Collections | Galleries

http://heronext.blogspot.com Undervalued Comic Books | Collecting & Investing Discussion

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:25 am

These auctions may be fun to watch, large CBCS batch going up on eBay tonight (not mine):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:27 am

Tom473 wrote:These auctions may be fun to watch, large CBCS batch going up on eBay tonight (not mine):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
- Jason

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Weird, the link works for me.

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:53 pm

beaumonts
Cameo
Cameo

Postby beaumonts » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:18 am

Quick question, what will CBCS have for a form of GPA? or will GPA include CBCS sales? Also will CBCS have a census?
Thanks, Ty

DrWatson
Sidekick
Sidekick
Location: I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be...

Postby DrWatson » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:18 am

GoCollect has stated that once enough CBCS grade books make it to market they will included them in their data.

Hi Jim.

Yes - we do intend to track CBCS sales. We are waiting for just a bit to see how many will hit the open markets right away. Once we notice a somewhat steady number of sales, we'll begin including them in our database.

Thanks,

--

Jeff Meyer
Founder
GoCollect.com
jeff@gocollect.com

GPA failed to get back to me when I asked them if they intended to track CBCS sales.

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 am

beaumonts wrote:Quick question, what will CBCS have for a form of GPA? or will GPA include CBCS sales? Also will CBCS have a census?
Thanks, Ty

CBCS will have a census, chat board, and registry sets that include points for both CBCS & CGC books.

DrWatson
Sidekick
Sidekick
Location: I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be good. I will be...

Postby DrWatson » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

The CBCS graded 4.5 AF #15 just sold for $15,500 on eBay. $2,000 higher than the last GPA recorded CGC sale.

Hero Restoration
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Hero Restoration » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:02 pm

DrWatson wrote:The CBCS graded 4.5 AF #15 just sold for $15,500 on eBay. $2,000 higher than the last GPA recorded CGC sale.

:thumbsup2:

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Hero Restoration wrote:
DrWatson wrote:The CBCS graded 4.5 AF #15 just sold for $15,500 on eBay. $2,000 higher than the last GPA recorded CGC sale.

:thumbsup2:

:clapping:

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:15 am

I don't suppose CBCS would accept a sworn statement from a comic book artist authenticating books they signed, would you? :please:

That'd be over 250 (and counting) slabbing opportunities :poke2:
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 am

I have a Quesada sig on a book w/COA, before they sealed the books in a bag with a sticker. The problem with that one is the COA says it's number 1060 of 5000, but Quesada wrote 1160/5000. How would you (CBCS/CSA) handle that one?
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

MagnetoWasRight
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby MagnetoWasRight » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:14 am

My wife just called my office and informed me that I've got a box waiting for me at home, my first CBCS submissions have arrived. I'm so tempted to take a half day. :lol:

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:36 am

MagnetoWasRight wrote:My wife just called my office and informed me that I've got a box waiting for me at home, my first CBCS submissions have arrived. I'm so tempted to take a half day. :lol:

Your post sounds like you are coming down with something. You would be doing everyone at work a favor if you left for the day so you don't infect anyone else. :thumbsup2:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”