Current CBCS Turn Around Times

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Current CBCS Turn Around Times

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:56 am

Submission is going out Monday... figure I might as well start this thread now...

Modern

- Jason

JazzMan
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Re: Current CBCS Turn Around Times

Postby JazzMan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:58 am

:popcorn2:

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:28 am

Modern
In Safe 07/30/14

Looks like they received it today even though I didn't get the email that said they did. I thought I was supposed to get alerted by email for every step.
- Jason

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:53 am

:popcorn:

JazzMan
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby JazzMan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 am

What tier did you use?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:40 am

JazzMan wrote:What tier did you use?

Just their regular Modern with no fast pass... the last CGC submission I did took damn near 45 business days. I wanted to test CBCS slow modern to see how fast it was... if it comes close to CGC I am going to be truly disappointed... if they stand by their word all my books I was planning to submit to CGC will go to CBCS.
- Jason

wasteddraftpicks
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby wasteddraftpicks » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Prophet_DNA wrote:

Just their regular Modern with no fast pass... the last CGC submission I did took damn near 45 business days. I wanted to test CBCS slow modern to see how fast it was... if it comes close to CGC I am going to be truly disappointed... if they stand by their word all my books I was planning to submit to CGC will go to CBCS.

Can you track your orders progress on the website like you can with CGC as a paid member?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 am

wasteddraftpicks wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

Can you track your orders progress on the website like you can with CGC as a paid member?

They both operate the same way... the only plus is I got this email after submitting...

CBCS wrote:Dear Jason Nickel,

Thank you for submitting your comics to CBCS.

As soon as your submission has been received and checked in by the CBCS receiving department you will be notified by email. Subsequent email updates will be sent to you as your submission moves through the certification process.

If you have any questions regarding your submission, please feel free to call CBCS’s customer service at from Monday through Friday during regular business hours. We can also be contacted via email at customerservice@cbcscomics.com.

Again, we thank you for choosing CBCS and we will work very hard to ensure you enjoy the experience of certifying your comic books.

Happy collecting!
The CBCS team
CBCS

PO Box 33048
St. Petersburg, FL 33733-8048
727-803-6822

I haven't even received a email yet about it being received and my card hasn't even been charged yet. My orders statues was changed a couple of days ago to "In Safe" so I know they got it. The email alerts are a plus if they work...
- Jason

bosco685
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby bosco685 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:50 am

:winnah:

- Nick

Image Image

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 am

CBCS WILL IN TIME have a web portal that provides the same functionality as CGC's. Right now they are not quite there. When I called I was told they are working on it.

Right now, we don't really know how many steps there are in the grading process because they haven't posted up any explanation of steps or terms. And right now the grades of the books when done will not be displaying on the web portal. That is something they are working on and will be adding in the future.

I submitted some books before the website was officially open and have not since the site went live. So I don't know if they fixed some problems that were there when it was still beta, such as no ability to add credit card info and limited shipping choices. Again, I just hand wrote in things like credit card info and ship under my FedEx account. I'll be submitting 5-10 more books in a few days so I'll see then what's changed.

They will also be adding a comments section for each book submitted so that you can note anything different, unusual, not commonly known about your submitted book. I had a couple of books like this and after I printed out the submission form I hand wrote it in, which Steve said would be fine.

So far the only things I've seen progress wise is books move from "safe" to "grading". I suspect books might move back into the "safe" status after grading but I'm not 100% for sure. I should know about that in a another few days.

Nice to have a forum where you can actually discuss CBCS and other competitors. Funny how the collector society message board owners had no problem with all the negative comments about PGX on their boards but sure didn't tolerate anything positive about a competitor.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:31 am

IronMan wrote:I submitted some books before the website was officially open and have not since the site went live. So I don't know if they fixed some problems that were there when it was still beta, such as no ability to add credit card info and limited shipping choices. Again, I just hand wrote in things like credit card info and ship under my FedEx account. I'll be submitting 5-10 more books in a few days so I'll see then what's changed.

You are able to add credit card info and so far shipping choices seem to be FedEx and USPS.
- Jason

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I have a large submission in the works, but I am dying to try CBCS, so I'll be mailing out 10 books tomorrow using the regular modern tier. I'll update here throughout the process, can't wait to see how things go!

Mark 1
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Mark 1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:19 am

I just got back 11 books from CBCS. All in all it took 3 weeks from arrival to my door. I'm quite satisfied with that. It was mixed tiers by the way.

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 am

That is very cool, especially considering the rumors of them being inundated with submissions. My 10 went into the mail today, hoping they enter "received" status by Monday.

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:34 am

No change...

Modern

Business Days: 7
- Jason

Chris S.
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Chris S. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:29 am

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:28 am

Regular Modern Sub

8/11: in Safe

Mark 1
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Mark 1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Tom473 wrote:Regular Modern Sub

8/11: in Safe

Keep us updated :popcorn:

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:No change...

Modern

Business Days: 7

No movement... 11 business days...
- Jason

electricprune
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby electricprune » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Seven modern books (15 days) now in/safe for 14 days. One extended modern (20 days) "Encapsulated" for a few days. Both sent together and received on the same day.

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:25 am

Your expanded modern may have gone to a separate grader. CBCS advertised for a modern grader position recently, which tells me they may be getting even more subs than anticipated. It also wouldn't be surprising if the primary backlog is in moderns given the heavy summer convention season, especially given the pricing and advertised TATs.

My 10 moderns are still "in Safe" after 5 business days, it will be interesting to see what the actual TAT ends up being.

Keep us posted!

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:25 pm

My recent experience suggests you cannot base where the books are at by looking at the CBCS web portal. I submitted 22 books prelaunch (June 20) CBCS went live July 20th?. The submission was five tiers. I received all the books yesterday. But on the web portal it looks as though most of my books are still in grading status. Everyone should keep in mind it's business days and if it is at the time they are due just call.

I loved my books! Reasonable pricing, fast turnaround, nice looking holder, grades in the range expected (including some former CGC graded books sent as benchmark tests) and amazingly secure packaging. I'm sold. CBCS will get my business if they grade it (CGC has to get the magazines) and I'll be talking to my customers and anyone else that will listen that they suggest giving them a try.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

electricprune
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby electricprune » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:49 am

Update: I actually got two subs back today. The first was from CBCS. My wife must have signed for it. My sub was 8 total books, 7 modern and 1 Expanded Modern. They were marked In/Safe in Friday 7-25 at 10:05 PM. The Expanded Modern has been marked Graded and Encapsulated for a while. The moderns had been sitting at In/Safe since the 25th. All had Grade Screen.

The Box was pretty big so, I figured all of he books were in it. I picked up the box, and thought, "Oh, ****." I must have really screwed up the Grade Screen on the Moderns (9.6 and 9.8s). I opened up the box and only the 1 Expanded Modern book was there. It's nice to get it back, but I assumed they would all ship back together, as the invoice even listed shipping as $0. If I get dinged twice for shipping, that will blow. None of the books are very valuable. If I needed to let them know to ship all books together, shame on me.

So, the moderns have cleared day 16 and just moved to Grading. I didn't get any e-mail updates. That may, or may not, be coming later for CBCS.

The second sub I got back was a four book sub from CGC. It was an Economy Fast Track marked Received on June 13th. 51 business days minus any days they don't include for shows. Current estimated time on their site is 25 days. I know at least one sub that was entered well after mine at the same level and shipped well before mine. The current estimated time for normal Economy subs is 50 days. Why did I even bother with Fast Track? :roll: They really need to work on their claim of FIFO, or just move to LIFO. :twisted:

Lastly, the boxes and packaging used by CBCS are awesome! :thumbsup2:

Tom473
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tom473 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 pm

electricprune wrote:Update: I actually got two subs back today. The first was from CBCS. My wife must have signed for it. My sub was 8 total books, 7 modern and 1 Expanded Modern. They were marked In/Safe in Friday 7-25 at 10:05 PM. The Expanded Modern has been marked Graded and Encapsulated for a while. The moderns had been sitting at In/Safe since the 25th. All had Grade Screen.

The Box was pretty big so, I figured all of he books were in it. I picked up the box, and thought, "Oh, ****." I must have really screwed up the Grade Screen on the Moderns (9.6 and 9.8s). I opened up the box and only the 1 Expanded Modern book was there. It's nice to get it back, but I assumed they would all ship back together, as the invoice even listed shipping as $0. If I get dinged twice for shipping, that will blow. None of the books are very valuable. If I needed to let them know to ship all books together, shame on me.

So, the moderns have cleared day 16 and just moved to Grading. I didn't get any e-mail updates. That may, or may not, be coming later for CBCS.

The second sub I got back was a four book sub from CGC. It was an Economy Fast Track marked Received on June 13th. 51 business days minus any days they don't include for shows. Current estimated time on their site is 25 days. I know at least one sub that was entered well after mine at the same level and shipped well before mine. The current estimated time for normal Economy subs is 50 days. Why did I even bother with Fast Track? :roll: They really need to work on their claim of FIFO, or just move to LIFO. :twisted:

Lastly, the boxes and packaging used by CBCS are awesome! :thumbsup2:

Very informative, thanks! :thumbsup2:

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Modern
In Safe: 07/30/14
Grading: 08/19/14

Business Days - 14 days
- Jason