Current CBCS Turn Around Times

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Current CBCS Turn Around Times

Postby SweetComic » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Steve is a very nice guy. He has actually reached out to talk to me at times thru facebook. Its just tough seeing people have their books in a week with some of our comics sitting around because of unforeseen issues. I got hit with the double whammy. Sent some time sensitive books to get pressed and Joey had some health issues which delayed my shipment to CBCS. Even before they left the presser the plastic issue arose. Meanwhile my books which were hot as could be back then have all turned cold and i'll be lucky to break even on them. I guess thats what I get for getting into the world of moderns and variants. I'm going back to SA and BA books from here on out if I ever recover from the loss.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:50 pm

SweetComic wrote:Steve is a very nice guy.

I've heard this before, and it makes me wonder why he was such a dick when he was president of CGC. It must be a business persona that's a 180 from his personal persona. I hear he's a real nice guy when he's drinking, and he's real nice a lot.

At the very least his attitude over the years has shown him to be a greedy prick. He will manipulate any book in any manner he can get away with, and be totally nonchalant about it, and that's indicative of this. Why did he run CGC is such a deceitful manner, lying to us and using double-speak and sins of omission to justify their manipulations? He had a chance to do something great for the hobby, and all he did was turn it into a cash cow. His unconditional love of pressing just gave us another new problem we didn't even have to deal with before CGC.

Do you think CCG forced him to do these things? If so, why did Borock agree to it in the first place? Was he just a puppet? Would a real hippie do the things he's done? :lol:

Here's hoping he runs CBCS better than he did CGC ! :popcorn:
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 pm

I guess I am totally unaware of the things done while he was at CGC. The only reason I started slabbing was because of a new company offering something I could not get from CGC.

electricprune
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby electricprune » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:52 am

Hopefully some grades will start to pop soon on some of these.

Order: 7500435 - 09/23/2014
Invoice # Tier Status
Modern In Safe

Order: 7003445 - 08/27/2014
Invoice # Tier Status
Expanded Modern Encapsulated

Order: 3324 - 11/24/2014
Invoice # Tier Status
Modern - Grade Screening In Safe
Modern In Safe

Order: 3090 - 11/14/2014
Invoice # Tier Status Cost
Modern - Grade Screening In Safe
Expanded Modern - Grade Screening In Safe
Modern In Safe

Order: 2074 - 09/27/2014
Invoice # Tier Status
Modern - Grade Screening In Safe, Grading 12-4-14, Graded/QC 12-8-14,
Expanded Modern Grading

Order: 1356 - 08/30/2014
Invoice # Tier Status
Consumer Encapsulated
Expanded Modern - Grade Screening Grading, Encapsulated 12-8-14
Modern - Grade Screening Grading

Silents
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Silents » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 am

Just checked the CBCS website for a weekly update.

For the 6th straight week my books are still in "grading" limbo.

Again, more of the same.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:10 pm

SweetComic wrote:I guess that's what I get for getting into the world of moderns and variants. I'm going back to SA and BA books from here on out if I ever recover from the loss.

Like Bob Seger says, "Come back baby. Silver Age never forgets."

Or something like that.
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 pm

MR-SigS wrote:
SweetComic wrote:I guess that's what I get for getting into the world of moderns and variants. I'm going back to SA and BA books from here on out if I ever recover from the loss.

Or something like that.

Or be like that guy in the Rainbow/Dio song: "The Man on the Silver (Age) Mountain".
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:25 pm

I have a SA book soon to come.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:40 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
MR-SigS wrote:

Or something like that.

Or be like that guy in the Rainbow/Dio song: "The Man on the Silver (Age) Mountain".

Or The 5th Dimension: The Silver Age of Aquarius.
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:28 am

Hi hooooo Silver age. Awaaayyyyyy.

Silents
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Silents » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:46 am

I checked my email and CBCS gave some news and then I went the website for CBCS last night and by books have magicly have been shipped in one day.

After six weeks of grading limbo they where encapsulated and packed and shipped all in the same day.

Again more of the same BS.

With the turn around times now and the problems I had with this order, CGC is going to get my next set of books to be slabbed.

I still want to hear from one of the Steve's about how they took the 50k book collection and said that it isn't going to mess with turn around times and then about a week later they quadruple the grading time. Some how fast track is slower than old turn around times and still costs you extra. Sounds like a familiar scenario.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:24 am

Silents wrote:With the turn around times now and the problems I had with this order, CGC is going to get my next set of books to be slabbed.

For the sake of discussion, what is your reasoning for this? It doesn't matter to me one way or another, I'm just wondering why, if you feel this is

Silents wrote:... more of the same BS...
...Sounds like a familiar scenario.

Assuming the latter quote refers to CGC's TAT history.

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:58 pm

I have 2 moderns that went from grading status to shipped also. My 2 other books in the shipment were in other tiers and they showed the whole process from safe, grading and encapsulating. Either way they are all done and in transit so i'm fine with it. I have all the grades too.

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 am

Silents wrote:I still want to hear from one of the Steve's about how they took the 50k book collection and said that it isn't going to mess with turn around times and then about a week later they quadruple the grading time.

Turnaround times have been behind. We didn't quadruple the grading time overnight. We just started reporting the actual turnaround times so people are aware of how long it will take to get their books back. This was a request from customers. Once we were able to get an idea of where we were after the problem with our supplier, we made the information available.

We only process a few books per day out of the 50k book collection, so the affect on turnaround times is near nothing. It will take a long time to completely work this collection through grading.

Silents wrote:Some how fast track is slower than old turn around times and still costs you extra. Sounds like a familiar scenario.

Incorrect. All Fast Pass are on time. Meaning they are going out at half of the target turnaround, not half of the current turnaround of the tier.

Sorry I don't get to reply to comments very often. We're doing our best to catch up.

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 am

Thank you for the update Dice!

I do not believe that anyone else at this forum has mentioned this - if someone has sorry. But CBCS on their Facebook page has up to date TAT's posted. Posted right up top, can't miss it. Here is a screen grab of the current banner
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

The Batman
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby The Batman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:40 am

I've been using fast pass for all my submissions and I've been getting them back in around 2 weeks 3 weeks max.

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:39 pm

The Batman wrote:I've been using fast pass for all my submissions and I've been getting them back in around 2 weeks 3 weeks max.

My experience/practice as well. Fast pass on moderns is often quicker than Quickstream and fast pass on extended moderns has been just as fast as Quickstream, so I use them when possible.

I did get my books back Monday that were held up by the plastics issue (received by CBCS on 9/4) So they appear to be near the end of books on hold because of the plastics issue. Worth noting I have Value submissions with CGC received 10/8 that are not done yet. So it's not THAT much worse.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

50AE_DE
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby 50AE_DE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:00 pm

I guess I'm going to have to try out fast pass for my next submission or go through the other company. Tomorrow will be 55 days that my books are in the safe. I know the holidays probably added a few more days to that but hopefully the books will be back by the middle of next month.

50AE_DE
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby 50AE_DE » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:48 am

In safe: 11/17/14

Still waiting for my week to be up for grading. At this rate it'll be another two or three weeks before they get to my week plus more time to get graded. I've sent CBCS a couple emails regarding my invoice and no one has replied back. I really wanted to give them a shot but if their turnaround times are so much worse than CGC then I'd rather go back to CGC.

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:50 am

We are currently grading 10/31 on moderns. Just a few more weeks for your books.

FrozenTundraGuy
B-Lister
B-Lister

Postby FrozenTundraGuy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:55 am

I just checked the TAT's on Facebook for CBCS. It's 85 days for moderns (124 calendar days) , news as of 7/21. Here I was hoping to get mine back shortly, as the turn around time for moderns was 60 business days back in early May IIRC.

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”