Advice on first comic book submissions at C2E2

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
SoundwaveG1
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Advice on first comic book submissions at C2E2

Postby SoundwaveG1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi. I plan on going to C2E2 comic convention in Chicago this March. And I plan on having Art Adams and Mike Mignola sign some of my comic books and get it witnessed and slabbed by CBCS. Should I add a label with my name, address, cell phone # and/or e-mail to the back of the backboard and in front of the mylite bag to indicate who owns and submitted the comic book to CBCS? I remember reading a thread on CGC's forum advising to do that. This will be my first ever submission to a comic book grading company. Thanks ahead for any answers.

- James

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advice on first comic book submissions at C2E2

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:37 pm

I've never submitted from a con, but the way I understand the process is once the comic has been removed from the bag it arrived in (obviously prior to grading) that's the last time they're together, but I could be wrong.
As long as the form is filled out correctly, that should be enough.

That's my 2c, anyway.
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 am

SoundwaveG1 wrote:Hi. I plan on going to C2E2 comic convention in Chicago this March. And I plan on having Art Adams and Mike Mignola sign some of my comic books and get it witnessed and slabbed by CBCS. Should I add a label with my name, address, cell phone # and/or e-mail to the back of the backboard and in front of the mylite bag to indicate who owns and submitted the comic book to CBCS? I remember reading a thread on CGC's forum advising to do that. This will be my first ever submission to a comic book grading company. Thanks ahead for any answers.

You shouldn't have to do that for any slabbing company that's organized and professional.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:42 am

I wonder what exactly these companies do with all these bags and boards. I wonder how many are actually worth reusing (Mylar/Acid free). Probably a bunch of cheapos out there not wanting to "throw away" there good B&B's so they ship their submissions in poor B&B's

:peeking:
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:53 am

Take high-res scans of your books before you go, so as to make sure you get back what you submitted.
High-res scans have a way of showing tiny flaws that you can't see with the naked eye. They give the book a sort of "fingerprint."
Stay out of my yard!

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”