What's in my holder?

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

What's in my holder?

Postby The Curmudgeon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:13 pm

If I were inclined to move to Florida, I should take over the QC dept at CBCS in short order.
This is the second submission I've gotten back that had issues related to "Quality Control."

The first was my Uncanny X-Men 297 Pressman Gold variant.
When I took the bubble wrap off of it, and opened the box, there was sand inside the box...with my comic book.
Needless to say, I was not very happy with that. But I dusted the sand away and found that it, luckily, was not inside the bag with the holder.

This time, as I was inspecting the Popeye #1 DRS variant I just got back, I noticed something inside the holder.
It wasn't in the inner well with the book, but I still wasn't happy to see a foreign object in there.
After further inspection and probing, I found that I could pry the sides of the holder apart, so I slid a pipe cleaner in there and brushed it out.
I'm still not happy about having to do that.
CBCS should understand how picky collectors are about their books. It would seem they have a lackadaisical attitude toward quality.
If it were my business I surely wouldn't want my customers to find any faults in the quality of my product or services.

It's not like either of these issues were hard to spot.
"I've come to realize that Quality Control has no control over quality"

Stay out of my yard!

Subvet642
B-Lister
B-Lister

Re: What's in my holder?

Postby Subvet642 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:06 pm

That would piss me off!
"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

steveinthecity
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby steveinthecity » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:44 pm

I would think that both the grading and encapsulation area's would be treated not entirely different from a "clean room" in a lab or someplace like that. Not that the staff are in Hazmat suits, but I think you get what I mean.

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:09 pm

steveinthecity wrote:I would think that both the grading and encapsulation area's would be treated not entirely different from a "clean room" in a lab or someplace like that. Not that the staff are in Hazmat suits, but I think you get what I mean.

:agree:

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Florida is like Sonic, I never get what I ask for, but I always get what I expect
Stay out of my yard!

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: Wed Sep 30 2015 6 58 am

Postby Stu_Pidman » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 am

Lerakroxa wrote:The image and textbox for the log in security code does not appear. Is there a fix for that?

Yes, cutting off your testicles will fix that.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”