My first CBCS submission......

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
makeminemego
Cameo
Cameo

My first CBCS submission......

Postby makeminemego » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:53 pm

I submitted 21 (all circle 12 Marvel) books to CBCS at the Wizard World STL convention, which was my first CBCS submission.

The books were graded right in line with the 30 business day window, and showed up at my house today, even though they still show as being in Quality Control according to the CBCS site.

All slabs looked great, with no issues. Grading came back on average .5 more generous than I had them graded at across the board, with only 2 exceptions. I like the slab better than CGC's, and the packaging for the return shipping was impressive as well.

I'm really happy with their service, and depending on the market's response to CBCS overall, I may be using them again in the future.

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: My first CBCS submission......

Postby SweetComic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:42 pm

How about some pics of your new treasures. :)

Superior Spider-Man
Club CBF
Club CBF

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:33 pm

SweetComic wrote:How about some pics of your new treasures. :)

Yeah! :popcorn:

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby IronMan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:30 pm

The CBCS slab is preferable to any other grading company's for several reasons. The most important is that it is with any doubt the most tamper evident. You cannot remove that strip with the clips across the top without it being evident. I can pop CGC slabs half the time and PGX slabs nearly every time and have it be unnoticeable. When you add to that the label is not sealed in the inner holder like CBCS and PGX, CGC books are not near as immune to label swaps and forgeries as one would like.

The slab is just a tiny bit thinner as well - which means a few more will fit in box. Always a plus.

Packaging is over the top. Grading is mostly consistent with CGC, though they are I'm certain stricter on books published the last 10 years or so. No passes on common production defects.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:37 am

Good points. I think their slabs look clearer too.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”