ouch-cbcs screws up

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
kav
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Re: ouch-cbcs screws up

Postby kav » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Old Murph was the best inker ever IMO. Just incredible. I heard he quit comics and went and did ad work or something-that made me very sad.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:06 am

Superior Spider-Man wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Superior Spider-Man wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:I love getting my books signed, but only if I am the one getting them signed

Coming from someone who doesn't, a +1 on that!

Stu_Pidman wrote:and I usually have them sign the inside first page.

A bigger +1 on that!

Stu_Pidman wrote:I've met and had books signed by all of these people and more:

No need to repeat the list,.....

HFS!

btw,... what book did you have Paul Gulacy sign? He is one of my ALL-TIME favorites!

I had him sign a couple copies of Master of Kung Fu. I forgot to mention, Doug Moench was there too :P

:bowdown:
My dream team.

Issues 33 - 35 or 36 where Shang-Chi and the gang are on an Island confronting some Mega-Rich Maniac and his death toys is Classic!

Issues 38 and 39 "Claws Of The Cat" is such an enjoyment to go back and reread. Something different, a suspenseful read and visual. This 2 issue story arc had a lot of passion put into it.

And of course, 44-50 The Classic Fu Manchu Story. Issue 48 "The Bridge Of A Thousand Dooms" could have been undeniably entitled "Enter The Dragon" :lol:

I think the 3 books I have signed by them is MOK # 34, 35, and 39. At the time I was on the Ebay Chatboard and I would offer to get books signed for my friends. My friend Tony (who is Mutant Manatee on the CGC Board) was/is a big fan of your dream team too, so he sent me a bunch of books to get signed. I got like a dozen books signed, but only a couple were for me.

I'm really impressed with your history. I'm sure what you posted was just a brief summary, and there are much memories and cool stories on the inside. Congrats on your experiences and acquirements!

Thanks! I'd tell you about the two comic books I've been drawn into, but that would derail the thread more :P

So, you have an SSS #7 signed by Feldstein huh? :hmmm:

Yup. I've been to 3 shows where Al was a guest. One was at SDCC in 2000, once in Seattle in 2001, and a couple years ago at Boston. The Seattle show was the best, because he wasn't swamped like he was at the other two shows, and I got to talk to him for a while. I have quite a few books signed by Al!

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:12 am

kav wrote:Old Murph was the best inker ever IMO. Just incredible. I heard he quit comics and went and did ad work or something-that made me very sad.

Yup, great inker, and I liked his pencils too. I have the first dozen or so issues that the Atomic Knights appeared in (including S.A. # 117).
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"Comics are a commodity, thank God!" SpideManOnTilt

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:

"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

kav
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby kav » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Of course I liked his work on superman but also those strange adventures

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 am

:bump:

Since the thread's title is appropriate I'll post here instead of starting a new thread, at the risk of the OP being notified :lol: .

Raw Grade mishap

The gist, a CBCS customer sent in books for a (I'm assuming) 9.8 screening. Any book not making that mark had a Raw Grade service request.

2 books that did not make 9.8 were assigned 9.6

"BUT when they were returned they weren't raw graded; however, grades were assigned to both of them." I again assume this means they were not bagged and labeled. Customer emails CBCS.

Customer Service quickly acts and says to return them on their dime.

"They quickly turned the books around and sent them back, which would seem great, but here's the problem; they dropped the graded[sic] of one book from a 9.6 to a 9.4"- Customer insists he shipped them back securely.

The lesson? Grading is subjective- He probably did send them back securely, but there may have been something unnoticed the first time.
Or,
Something DID happen to the books between his contacting CS and them receiving the shipment.

Customer emails CS again and is now hearing "<crickets>"

In my opinion, while CBCS acted correctly in the 'fix', the fact that one of the books is now a lower grade is on CBCS despite whatever caused the downgrade, simply because they screwed up by not sending what was paid for in the first place.

Seems to me the only fix at this point is to reimburse the fee for the 1 book that "should have" been returned with a 9.6 grade label.

"<crickets>"
=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”