Return shipping charges v/s CGC

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
slym2none
Sidekick
Sidekick

Return shipping charges v/s CGC

Postby slym2none » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 am

So, you folks that have sent stuff to the CBCS, what have return shipping charges been like? Their main competion has a 200+ percent increase, at least for the USPS service, over what the USPS charges them.

Any info is appreciated.

-slym

~No signature required.~

IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Return shipping charges v/s CGC

Postby IronMan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:24 pm

FedEx is fairly reasonable and insured (no doubt under CBCS's on insurance policy) They run a little cheaper than CGC on USPS. i looked up my last two. $29 on three books insured $3500. Four books worth $400 was $25.

The least expensive shipping is always going to be under your own shipping account with FedEx or UPS. But you need your own shipping insurance. I posted this reply (in part) to another of your posts:

"If you do enough volume to be worth the cost, you should look into private shipping insurance. If you already have insurance on your collection from someplace that specializes in collectibles (I use Collectibles Insurance Services) some shipping insurance may already included and you can increase the coverage by adding that to your policy. This covers packages being shipped to you and ones you ship. There are lots of details to look up on carriers and deductibles, but this is what virtually everyone that ships a lot does. With your own FedEx account, six books might run $15-20. Or you could CGC's own UPS service ($22) and have your private insurance providing adequate coverage."
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

slym2none
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Return shipping charges v/s CGC

Postby slym2none » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:14 am

Thank you!

-slym
~No signature required.~

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”