CBCS talk

General discussion about CBCS Grading.
IronMan
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: CBCS talk

Postby IronMan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Both. Plus an occasional "other" publisher

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

My CAF
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=70144

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:02 pm

GA or SA? Please provide detailed reason.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:41 pm

What's the question, which publisher is our favorite?
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"These CGC Comics in Auction #215 are better than stocks and bonds when it comes to making an investment for the future!" - CGC Facebook page :roll:
"Why do people think 9.6 is not a great grade? 9.6 is NM+. When I was collecting comics, that was a fantastic grade." Steve Borock irony 5/2016

SweetComic
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SweetComic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:49 pm

There's not really a question. Just going along with the thread.

Buzzetta
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Buzzetta » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:27 pm

I have five books at CBCS... Two have been graded, three are waiting to be graded.

Waiting to see what the total end result is.
"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."

timern
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby timern » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Buzzetta wrote:I have five books at CBCS... Two have been graded, three are waiting to be graded.

Waiting to see what the total end result is.

Let's us know how you make out Buzz! Post some pics of them here too if you can!!
- Tim
:horse: Image

Wombat
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Wombat » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:50 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. So I just received my first CBCS slab that I purchased off of Ebay. I was excited to finally get one of these in my hands. Until I noticed a problem. I could see a pretty noticeable issue. It looks like there was some kind of crack on the edge. Where the crack is I could easily pry the case apart a bit and could have easily just popped it open it seems. Just wanted some feedback with those familiar with the cases to see if this was a common problem or I just got a damaged slab. The first picture is of the damaged area and the second is me prying it apart a bit (kind of hard to see).

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:07 pm

CBCS had some issues with their slabs cracking.

http://www.thecomicbookforum.com/forum/ ... ission-339

Towards the end of the thread you will find a video of me cracking open a CBCS slab. I would personally find out the date on when that slab was graded and see if it falls within the time line of when their cases where cracking.
- Jason

DiceX
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby DiceX » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Wombat wrote:Sorry if this is in the wrong section. So I just received my first CBCS slab that I purchased off of Ebay. I was excited to finally get one of these in my hands. Until I noticed a problem. I could see a pretty noticeable issue. It looks like there was some kind of crack on the edge. Where the crack is I could easily pry the case apart a bit and could have easily just popped it open it seems. Just wanted some feedback with those familiar with the cases to see if this was a common problem or I just got a damaged slab. The first picture is of the damaged area and the second is me prying it apart a bit (kind of hard to see).

That's the tab where the plastic is poured into the mold. The tab is broken off and leaves a little scuff on the side of the case.
There's nothing wrong with it. No tampering with what's inside.

The sides of the hard case on all graded comics will pry apart. There is no way to get the inner holder out of a CBCS case without damaging the case. The book won't slide out of the side.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 am

This does not necessarily suggest that all comics are handled this way by CBCS pressers, but...

WHAT IF..? THIS WERE YOUR BOOK?
CBCS Professional Presser Steve Ricketts' Facebook demonstration video (condensed)-

The video and all comments, including those questioning the treatment of this book (unanswered), are now deleted.

Why?

IMHO, Scott

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:55 pm

MR-SigS wrote:This does not necessarily suggest that all comics are handled this way by CBCS pressers, but...

WHAT IF..? THIS WERE YOUR BOOK?
CBCS Professional Presser Steve Ricketts' Facebook demonstration video (condensed)-

The video and all comments, including those questioning the treatment of this book (unanswered), are now deleted.

Why?

IMHO, Scott

Why indeed.
Perhaps he's embarrassed at being called out on his ignorance of how to treat collectables.
I wonder if he collects anything that he really cares about. Hats, shoes, Hummel figurines?
Stay out of my yard!

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Last time I checked, no one has questioned them on this on their forum.
I might be wrong, but that might be because (last time I checked) no one can question them on this on their forum.

IMHO, Scott

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

WTH... I thought that was a troll Gif in your signature until I hit this thread... I would be pissed if that was my comic... Also why can you not question them about this? Thought they had a open door policy? They have things to hide now?
- Jason

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 pm

They're basically CGC now. If this is brought up there, their loyal lapdogs will troll and harass until they make it personal.

One time one of their idiots asked me several questions over several posts. When I answered, I answered all in one post, one at a time (efficient). The same idiot comes back all pissed off asking why I don't drop it. :sad2:

I asked him why he asked me the questions if he didn't want me to answer them.

Usually at this point, once you've revealed their intellect, they come back with a barrage of personally insulting memes, all okay with their Moderation. I was suspended for a week in that thread.

The forum is a joke. It's nothing but a "Who's got the biggest CBCS 9.8 collection?" club, and "Hey CBCS, did you see how I defended you?". It's all hot potato. Hyping books for every penny TODAY. The variant craze causes frenzies over there.

And for clarity, since he deleted the video, Ricketts wasn't spinning it as fast as the gif suggests. The gif just shows all the times it was spun.
Doesn't matter. Put it ON something that rotates. Derp.

IMHO, Scott

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:46 am

Well you will always have this forum... Where we discuss all companies...
- Jason

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:00 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:Well you will always have this forum... Where we discuss all companies...

Thank you for that, sir!

Rickets also puts his fingertips on the spine to spin it, makes want to slap him with a terrapin.
Stay out of my yard!

Return to “CBCS - Comic Book Certification Service”