Lies about CGC

General discussion about CGC.
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Lies about CGC

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 am

I'm all for a good CGC bashing, but you've gotta be grounded in reality first. I've noticed that The Q Collection, the guy who laminates old books so people can read them 10,000 years from now, makes up some doozies. At first I thought he was just misinformed so I let him know, but his actions since then confirm he is flat-out lying. How many lies can find in this thread?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/League-of- ... -p/6583371

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Gaz973
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Lies about CGC

Postby Gaz973 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:43 am

Did he reply when you informed him that he was incorrect?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:04 am

Main one that jumps out at me is the fact that CGC slabs are not air tight...
- Jason

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Gaz973 wrote:Did he reply when you informed him that he was incorrect?

He replied by deleting my posts about the subject.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Prophet_DNA wrote:Main one that jumps out at me is the fact that CGC slabs are not air tight...

Yeah, that's probably the biggest one. He's basing all of his bashing on the fact that CGC's holder is air-tight, when it isn't. I've almost been tempted to alert CGC to the things he says, as they could be libel? It's one thing to say "CGC sucks" but another to make claims that their holder literally destroys comics. His agenda is that only by laminating comics can you keep them from turning to dust.

And BTW, anyone on Ebay can join that group, it's not private :P

Hero Restoration
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Hero Restoration » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:05 pm

I was on the eBay forum that he started way back for a while, but I left because the guy is flat out cuckoo. Did you know he wears a foil hat? I am not kidding. :roll:

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:09 am

I knew he was making another set of comics for the aliens to read, but I didn't know he actually wears a foil hat :lol: How'd you find that out?

There's another lie that's obvious from the picture of the Lassie slab. Maybe it's more obvious to older collectors, but without even looking up the Cert # you can see he's lying about the length of time that comic has been in that slab.

Webslinger
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Webslinger » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 am

Lol..... He crazy!

steveinthecity
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby steveinthecity » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:I knew he was making another set of comics for the aliens to read, but I didn't know he actually wears a foil hat :lol: How'd you find that out?

There's another lie that's obvious from the picture of the Lassie slab. Maybe it's more obvious to older collectors, but without even looking up the Cert # you can see he's lying about the length of time that comic has been in that slab.
Yeah, it's a "new label" slab. If this was really the earliest of books encapsulated, wouldn't this at least be an "old label", or possibly a red label? I don't know if red applied only to moderns at the beginning.

John-2814
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby John-2814 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:48 am

I've never used a company to slab a book or even owned a slab and even I know he's completely full of crap about it being slabbed in 1999-2000.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:16 am

steveinthecity wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:I knew he was making another set of comics for the aliens to read, but I didn't know he actually wears a foil hat :lol: How'd you find that out?

Yeah, it's a "new label" slab. If this was really the earliest of books encapsulated, wouldn't this at least be an "old label", or possibly a red label? I don't know if red applied only to moderns at the beginning.

Yup, you got it! The label shown in that picture wasn't used until late 2003 (the Red label was for Moderns only). Plus, you can punch in the Cert # and find out that book was slabbed in 2005. That book has not been in that slab for 14 years.

tjanse
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby tjanse » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:49 am

WOW

Return to “CGC - Certified Guaranty Company”