CGC "sister sites"

General discussion about CGC.
Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

CGC "sister sites"

Postby Stu_Pidman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 am

I saw this on CGC's Facebook page re: an Action # 1:

"This copy will be for sale in the 1st Event Auction of 2015 on our sister site @comicconnect!"

Is this "sister sites" stuff something new I've missed? Does CGC have any other "sister sites"? Does this mean Metro is "anti-CBCS"? Does, or should, CBCS align themselves with other sites before CGC does? I can't imagine any auction sites would exclude selling one or the other, but maybe if they had an "excluvise" with one company?

Or is this all just marketing bullshit I fell for?

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Superior Spider-Man
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: CGC "sister sites"

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:13 pm

No you didn't fall for any marketing bullshit, and the announcement could be rather misleading at first.

What it is, Metropolis owns the book AND CommicConnect. It's Metro who is calling CC their sister site. CGC is simply hosting the announcement on their Facebook page.

Sleemo
Banned
Banned

Postby Sleemo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:00 pm

They're scissor sisters. :lol:

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:34 am

Superior Spider-Man wrote:No you didn't fall for any marketing bullshit, and the announcement could be rather misleading at first.

What it is, Metropolis owns the book AND CommicConnect. It's Metro who is calling CC their sister site. CGC is simply hosting the announcement on their Facebook page.

:facepalm2: Thank you. I can see now that it's just CGC re-posting the Metro press release.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Return to “CGC - Certified Guaranty Company”