CGC lowers their Associate Membership fee

General discussion about CGC.
MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

CGC lowers their Associate Membership fee

Postby MR-SigS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm

CGC Associate Membership Now $25
Certified Guaranty Company is making its expert and impartial authentication and grading services more accessible than ever.

As of January 1, 2018, the Associate CGC Collectors Society membership fee has been lowered from $39 to $25 per year. Associate members who renew will pay only $20 per year.

New and renewing CGC Associate members will receive a 5% discount on CGC Grading Tiers. Existing CGC Associate members will continue to receive a 10% discount on CGC Grading Tiers until they renew.

In addition to the discount on CGC Grading Tiers, CGC Associate member benefits include:

Full access to online resources, including the CGC Census, CGC Registry, chat boards and more.
Full submission privileges to CGC as well as its independent affiliates NGC, NCS, PMG and CCS
Free Grader Notes
Other CGC membership levels are available:

Free, allows access to online resources as well as submission privileges at shows that CGC attends
Premium, which costs $149 a year and has all the Associate-level benefits plus a 10% discount on CGC Grading Tiers and a $150 grading credit with CGC.
Elite, which costs $299 a year and has all the Premium-level benefits plus a 15% discount on CGC Grading Tiers.
Premium and Elite members who renew save $20 on their membership fees.

To learn more and join, go to cgccomics.com/join/

=======================================================================
"... trying to explain, in ANY length beyond your average tweet, is likely going to go to into one eye and out the other." -DocBrown

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: CGC lowers their Associate Membership fee

Postby Plasmite » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:09 am

Cracks are showing. Here's hoping the entire flimsy structure collapses.
The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Plasmite wrote:Cracks are showing. Here's hoping the entire flimsy structure collapses.

Something else happen other than lowering price?
- Jason

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:33 pm

I guess Rob Liefeld is no longer working any exclusive signings with CGC "until further notice". Here's Liefeld's Twitter page or something or other, where he states it, and has an odd little exchange with "fans" and haters before he left the conversation. I just now read up on it since I really don't care.
Greed brought this about. Much like the Starlin situation, the people who enjoy the CGC SS program for their own personal collections are the ones who lose.
Liefeld drops CGC, but not CBCS (though he says he doesn't care about either).
=======================================================================
"... trying to explain, in ANY length beyond your average tweet, is likely going to go to into one eye and out the other." -DocBrown

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Plasmite wrote:Cracks are showing. Here's hoping the entire flimsy structure collapses.

Something else happen other than lowering price?

It's a symptom of the sickness that is the SS program, as Sigs demonstrates with his Liefeld post.

Something we've been discussing for years now, the corruptibility of the program and creators reactions to it
The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Stu has a post somewhere discussing where there used to be no subscription fee to submit books
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 am

Plasmite wrote:Stu has a post somewhere discussing where there used to be no subscription fee to submit books

When I was submitting (I refuse to anywhere now) I found out you didn't even need to be in their subscription service. There was a way to do it without being a subscriber. I can't remember the steps but there used to be a way...
- Jason

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 am

I submitted under someone else with the SS program. I'll never have my books graded again. I might buy graded books, but I'll never use their services.
- Chester Rush (4 Rooms)

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:21 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Plasmite wrote:Stu has a post somewhere discussing where there used to be no subscription fee to submit books

When I was submitting (I refuse to anywhere now) I found out you didn't even need to be in their subscription service. There was a way to do it without being a subscriber. I can't remember the steps but there used to be a way...

When CGC started up, not only could you submit your own books by yourself (using my example of "this is how you can totally slab your books while being naked"), you also could get a free 20% discount. You could sumbit to them subscription free for 15 years and even at the end they still had a free 10% discount. You guys know I posted that info on the CGC board as often as I could :lol:
Last edited by Stu_Pidman on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"I would have happily, gladly, joyfully bought all of those books for cover price, as many as they had. If they had 1,000 copies of X-O #1 in the late 90's, I would have gladly paid $2,000 for them all." Joe VanHagar

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

"I write because I'm not quick on the uptake." Joe VanHagar

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:39 am

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

When CGC started up, not only could you submit your own books by yourself (using my example of "this is how you can totally slab your books while being naked"), you also could get a free 20% discount. You could submit to them subscription-free for 15 years and even at the end they still had a free 10% discount. You guys know I posted that info on the CGC board as often as I could :lol:

Heres when it all changed.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1931&hilit=submit
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

"I would have happily, gladly, joyfully bought all of those books for cover price, as many as they had. If they had 1,000 copies of X-O #1 in the late 90's, I would have gladly paid $2,000 for them all." Joe VanHagar

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Prophet_DNA
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Prophet_DNA » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Stu_Pidman wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

When CGC started up, not only could you submit your own books by yourself (using my example of "this is how you can totally slab your books while being naked"), you also could get a free 20% discount. You could submit to them subscription-free for 15 years and even at the end they still had a free 10% discount. You guys know I posted that info on the CGC board as often as I could :lol:

So you can no longer submit it free this way anymore?
- Jason

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 am

Prophet_DNA wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Stu_Pidman wrote:
Prophet_DNA wrote:

So you can no longer submit it free this way anymore?

AFAIK that is correct, there is no way to submit by yourself without having purchased some level of membership. There is no free 10% discount anymore either.

Return to “CGC - Certified Guaranty Company”