New case 4/4/16

General discussion about CGC Grading.
MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New case 4/4/16

Postby MR-SigS » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:13 am

I agree and am also floored by many of the casual attitudes. And so many refuse to give CBCS a try for reasons I just can't understand. I don't slab my books anymore (haven't for years now) but someday may have to, so I was happy that there were finally 2 viable options to consider. When this newton ring/wave fiasco started, I was sure CGC would figure out a solution quickly. Now I'm not so sure as they seem to have taken this "50.1% approval rate from our customers is better than the 49.9% disapproval rate". type stance.

I think the Market will dictate their future actions, if any.

=======================================================================
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:28 am

CGC new case = New Coke.

The market will eventually cause them to fix it.
Stay out of my yard!

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 am

This whole ordeal, especially the censorship on their forum, has been revealing. Entirely poofing Liam's thread because of unfavorable replies when they could have removed those specific posts says a lot considering Liam's original post was completely factual.

Until disapproval rates hit 50.009%, they don't appear to agree there is an issue, and don't seem to give a damn that they're damaging, or have damaged comics.
"I fundamentally disagree with everything they're doing with the [Luke Skywalker] character"- Mark Hamill

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:55 am

Yeah, did you see that Darth Vader book?
It may have been a 9.6 when it was put in that slab, but it definitely is not now.
Stay out of my yard!

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:46 pm

:hypno: It's all in your mind, it's all in your mind :hypno:

Babyface
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Babyface » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 pm

I have a lot of "old cases" and a bunch of "new cases" because some of my books are still on grading at the time.

Honestly, there are some differents in label style, shape and dimensions between the 2 holders and the material is really different.
Somebody says the new holders is not good because causes a bad effect on the comic and CGC also, sent a mail to all Dealers & Collectors about a free change and reholding for "bad" cases.
What can i say? Maybe i'm lucky or the alarm is overrated, but all my new holders looking good, maybe just a couple of them got a weird effect on the back of the cases, but my opinion about the new holders is absolutely good.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:14 am

Babyface wrote:I have a lot of "old cases" and a bunch of "new cases" because some of my books are still on grading at the time.

Honestly, there are some differents in label style, shape and dimensions between the 2 holders and the material is really different.
Somebody says the new holders is not good because causes a bad effect on the comic and CGC also, sent a mail to all Dealers & Collectors about a free change and reholding for "bad" cases.
What can i say? Maybe i'm lucky or the alarm is overrated, but all my new holders looking good, maybe just a couple of them got a weird effect on the back of the cases, but my opinion about the new holders is absolutely good.

It's a relief to hear your books aren't "waving" at you :thumbsup2:

Babyface
Full Appearance
Full Appearance

Postby Babyface » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 pm

MR-SigS wrote:
Babyface wrote:I have a lot of "old cases" and a bunch of "new cases" because some of my books are still on grading at the time.

It's a relief to hear your books aren't "waving" at you :thumbsup2:

Yes!
And i'm very happy about it!

sniderwj
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby sniderwj » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:25 am

So I just got my first New CGC case off eBay this week. First off I did like that it felt more sturdy and all of that but then when I went to scan the book in to my inventory I noticed the waviness of the book..ugh..

Obviously I'm of the opinion that this is actually damaging the book. Is that still the consensus?

So then the question is what to do.. I was thinking of sending it to CBCS and maybe a presser. I'm hesitant to send it to CGC if they haven't gotten their act together.

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 am

Anyone here have experience cracking their new cases?

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 pm

I totally forgot about the new case problems and all my stuff is socked away in storage for the next two years. Hopefully nothing arises...

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:46 am

I haven't kept up on it, but I was under the impression the only thing they're still doing to varying degrees are the Newton rings.

Plasmite
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Plasmite » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:10 am

Yeah all my books have them

Return to “CGC - Certified Guaranty Company”