I live where the air hurts your face.

New member? Stop in and say "Hello!" to everyone.
Sinister
Cameo
Cameo

I live where the air hurts your face.

Postby Sinister » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi.

I live in Wisconsin, and it's currently hovering around 0 degrees farenheit, and the last few days have been brutal and well below zero, so I'm sittin on my butt looking up comic stuff.

I was into comics as a teen for a while, but for the most part have only gotten back in in the last few years, so I have a few questions.

Instead of posting a million redundant threads about these questions, and me getting annoyed at the search function, can someone point me to threads containing subjects like:

Which covers to buy on upcoming issues?

Why some covers are worth more?

Aside from money grabbing, why do publishers even make several different covers?

What are some titles I might be interested in outside the big 2 houses? I like post apocalytic, sci fi, horror, Seems like XO MANOWAR from Valiant is popular...A few years back I liked Chew by Image...

Prefer color over BW...

Things like that.

Thanks.

I'm gonna go back to rubbing various things to keep them warm.

No really...it's to keep them warm...

rick7w
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: I live where the air hurts your face.

Postby rick7w » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:26 pm

I can sympathize, but unfortunately not help. I don't buy or read anything newer than Bronze Age, and right now I'm in a budget freeze. I'm not even browsing the ebay pages, because as the AA people say, if you hang around in barber shops, sooner or later you're going to get a haircut.

I'm right on the Wisconsin border too, and it's no warmer down here. Just made reservations for Key West in February though.

Sinister
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Sinister » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Thanks and good luck in Key West.

I took a drinking trip down there after I was discharged in 94 or so. Sloppy Joe's was a great time.

Speaking of buying online, what are thoughts about places like mycomicshop.com and such?

rick7w
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby rick7w » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:12 am

I use mycomicshop for very hard to find, not overly expensive books. I've got a list in with them for things like Buster Brown #4, impossible to find but not worth a fortune.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:53 am

MCS is the best online store that I know of. Mile High can suck my balls.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Sinister
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Sinister » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:11 am

Good to know.

Today I went to a bookstore, and learned that Marvel doesn't do news stands anymore. Like...ten years ago.

I'm really on top of things...LMAO.

Return to “Introductions”