New to this stuff

New member? Stop in and say "Hello!" to everyone.
Paella
Cameo
Cameo

New to this stuff

Postby Paella » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 am

Hello,
Im new to comic books (and forums in general) but i made my account anyway.

After finding out my favorite film originally started out as a graphic novel, i read it and loved it even more than the film. i really enjoyed it so i want to read more comics and hopefully get some guidance.

thanks for reading. x

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New to this stuff

Postby MR-SigS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:22 am

:welcome: To the CBF!! We're always happy to help with guidance :thumbsup2:
What was the GN you read?

Paella
Cameo
Cameo

Postby Paella » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:33 am

The GN was V for Vendetta, id watched the film first and thought id give the gn a try and i absolutely loved it.

(idk if im replying to you or replying to myself, sorry if its the latter, im a noob XD)

MR-SigS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MR-SigS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:00 pm

You're doing just fine :thumbsup2:

I've heard so many good things about the GN, and I think most of the opinions I've heard about the film are favorable, but I honestly never tried either one :bricks:

The Curmudgeon
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby The Curmudgeon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:42 pm

I never read the GN but I enjoyed the film. It stars that lovely little tart Natalie Portman.
I knew it first as a video game my brother used to play. It seemed interesting, but I never got into it myself.

Welcome to the forums Paella!
Stay out of my yard!

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:23 am

Paella wrote:The GN was V for Vendetta, id watched the film first and thought id give the gn a try and i absolutely loved it.

(idk if im replying to you or replying to myself, sorry if its the latter, im a noob XD)

You picked a great author to start with, I think Alan Moore is the best writer comics has ever had. Have you seen Watchmen? The GN is better :mrgreen: written by Alan. Swamp Thing, Miracleman, Top Ten, I could go on and on. Ironically V for Vendetta is not one of my favorites, probably because of the art.

And just to get really geeky, V was a 12 issue comic series, not a GN. Watchmen is the same, it was a. 12 issue series but most people buy the trade paperback now.

Also be warned, some of Moore's stuff can get freaky weird, so investigate before purchasing. I don't think you should read Neonomicon next, lol.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Return to “Introductions”