hello from portland, or

New member? Stop in and say "Hello!" to everyone.
seankelly
Cameo
Cameo

hello from portland, or

Postby seankelly » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 am

hi everyone... sean here from portland.

so i'm just dropping by to do a bit of research. i have stacks of comics from when i was a kid in the 1980s and 1990s. however due to financial hardship i need to sell pretty much everything i own now, comics included.

has anyone had to do this? what is the best way to sell? are comics that were not professionally maintained even desirable in the secondary market or are they worthless?

for example, i had some teenage mutant ninja turtle comics. i see some going for hundreds of dollars each that i have copies of. however, mine aren't graded or anything fancy, so i just started the auction at $1. did i do anything wrong that you would do differently? what will be a good outcome for these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151914955393

thanks everyone for your help.

Stu_Pidman
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: hello from portland, or

Postby Stu_Pidman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:51 am

seankelly wrote:hi everyone... sean here from portland.

Hello!

for example, i had some teenage mutant ninja turtle comics. i see some going for hundreds of dollars each that i have copies of. however, mine aren't graded or anything fancy, so i just started the auction at $1. did i do anything wrong that you would do differently? what will be a good outcome for these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151914955393

thanks everyone for your help.

I am not a TMNT fan, so when I looked at your auction I said "huh?" What issues in that lot have you seen go for hundreds of dollars each? I would probably break those out and put them up in their own auctions, even low grade. Unless it's one of those books that only goes for big bucks in 9.8 or higher, that's what a lot of Moderns are like, worthless if they grade less than 9.8.
"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use." Metallica :rockout:

Why are some comic collectors so proud to have fake OCD? Is it cool to pretend to be mentally ill?

Return to “Introductions”