Futures End 3D Lenticular Covers

Discussing Modern Age Comic Books here.
Superior Spider-Man
Team-Up
Team-Up

Re: Futures End 3D Lenticular Covers

Postby Superior Spider-Man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm Cherry-Picking 2 full sets. And no, not as investment. We all know these books will never be worth anything. Most are selling on E-bay at below cover price (+shipping of course) while the selling prices on last year's Villains Month was insane. I just simply want 2 full sets!

Has anybody read these stories yet? :lol:

Number 6
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Number 6 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:11 pm

I picked up the Swamp Thing issue just to read it.

Let me say up front that I have no idea what the Big Event is. I gather it's something to do with O.M.A.C. but beyond that I have no clue.

I picked up 4 of the Villain books last year and read 2 of them: Black Manta and Ocean Master. The art in both was mediocre and the story was non-existent.

I've picked up the last 3 issues of Swamp Thing, mostly because of the art. I assumed that this issue would pick up where the last issue of the regular series left off but it doesn't.

The art is the same as the regular series so it's excellent, lots of cool elemental avatar creatures. As far as the story - a lot of dialog, most of which gave me the sense of walking in on the last half of a conversation. In terms of plot - things actually happening - I could probably sum it up in a dozen or so words. And, from what I gather, this (and all the issues) are taking place 5 years in the future. So it's basically a "what if?" story.

Since I don't know what's going on with the event I couldn't say whether it's critical to pick up this issue or not, though my guess would be not.

Just based on the eye-candy art I'd say it's better than the Villains issues, but in terms of actually substance I'd say it's about the same.

vanaxis
Cameo
Cameo

Postby vanaxis » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Got all 41 of em for a buck each on black friday.boomskies!!

Return to “Modern Age Comic Books”